I really need the support

Options
I have been finding every excuse in the book to not lose weight and now i am completely depressed.. I am over 200 lbs!!! OMG.. so now i have made a goal of losing 20-25 lbs by August 11 (my daughters 4th birthday) i need friends on here that are going to talk to me and help me out. I want friends, not just weight loss buddies.. i want to get to know each other and help each other.. weight loss isnt only about exercise and eating healthy.. our every day lives are a part of that also.. so please send me a friends request and a message!!!

Replies

• munkyblew
    munkyblew Posts: 14
    Options
    Depression leads to weight gain! Your first step is going to be to get happy! And having friends definitely helps with that :) I am not on very often at all (I log in for a few weeks a couple times a year) but I would be happy to friend you.

Have you ever seen "fat, sick and nearly dead"? It's worth a watch. The guys in this film are MUCH heavier than you are, have severe health complications, and end up healthy and fit! It's incredibly inspirational. The point is, bigger people have lost weight! You can do it!
  • eileenm777
    eileenm777 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try to break down your goal to "I will lose 5lbs this month". Small and attainable with a short time limit. Sometimes a small goal is easier to achieve.
    I have been suffering from depression for a few years (seasonally) ans I know it's tough. One step at a time, this is a long journey.... You will get there!!
    xx
  • mrs727remedy
    mrs727remedy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can add me my son is 3 on august 11th
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You are. Much like a lot of us here.... You have a fantastic goal...now think it through. Keep posting your progress and you will be surprised where you will wind up... Welcome here
  • LilRachelle
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log on daily and motivate as much as I can. You can do this and we're here to help. :flowerforyou:
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I log in every day, & like to motivate others. In fact, that's why I became a coach. A bit about myself... I have 2 kids ages 9 & 11. I've NEVER been athletic. Til last Fall when I started getting serious about getting healthy. Since then I've gone from a 14 to an 8. The sz isn't nearly as important as how I feel. I FINALLY cured my insomnia and I have more energy than ever. If u want to be friends, feel free to add me.
  • sobuki
    sobuki Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Amber, I completely understand my eldest is 4 now and the youngest is 18 months and people (everyday I go outside) ask me when I am due for the next baby! Yes I still look pregnant and I am a yoyo dieter and never consistant with anything actually. So here I am again, on another weight loss site to try again and this time really try to stay with it. Not only for my figure but actually for my health and following this will be mood, fitting into clothes nicely, being happy and having a happy husband. So Amber count me in to buddy with you so that we can do it together.
  • kkrystall24
    kkrystall24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need friends and help too. I have been big my whole life and never heard anything positive from anyone please feel free to add me and we can lean on each other!! I wanna do this healthy and as fast as possible because Im so sick of living in my past.