Mid 20's mama of two gettin' her body back! (50 lbs gone!)

Options
Hello there! I’m a 26 year old mom/wife/nurse who has been on a mission to lose about 100lbs since January of this year. For my husband (MFP: billylosesit) and I, 2013 was to bring good health and weight loss. So far we have been able to hold up to that resolution and are still going strong. Of course, like many others who are here trying to lose the lbs, I have struggled with my weight since forever. I’ve always had to work for it and even then was still overweight. After having 2 beautiful daughters, and gaining a total of about 80lbs I reached my highest weight of 250lbs and have been fluctuating there for the past couple of years.

So currently, I weigh 201lbs and in all am about 50lbs down from my heaviest and only a few lbs shy of being in onederland!! =) I have been eating well, and exercising and trying to be overall more active. The lbs started falling off, and the clothes started getting bigger and even then it was hard for me to see the difference until I put on a shirt that I had worn last summer. It was WAY too big!! My pictures below are of this shirt. The first picture was last summer and I was weighing about 250lbs. The second was taken the other day at 201lbs (I used my right hand to gather the extra material to the back so that the shirt fits).

Anywho, as I press on and reach my goals I hope to help motivate others as well as find others to motivate and inspire me! Please feel free to add me, together we can make 2013 the year we changed our lives for good!

Progress Pic:
GjqCJ2x.jpg

Replies

• BillyBeastMode
    BillyBeastMode Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you babe! We are rocking out 2013 in a BIG WAY!
  • returnonetime
    returnonetime Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing work! You really look great. Keep it up!

You talk a about the size difference but tell us how you feel! More energy? Happy?

Great motivation :)
  • kerrieanne1976
    Options
    Wow that is amazing, I'll support you to encourage you. I have had trouble with my weight all my life to, but in other ways as a teenager I wasn't happy, I was always the smallest and often got ignored, never bullied just ignored. Then I got into and abusive relationship and development an eating disorder where I wouldn't eat. After many years I sorted myself out and found happiness but this came with the downside of finding that food could be nice and began enjoying my food, a little to much, now I have gone to the other end of the spectrum and are overweight, so need to lose the weight, but do it sensible .
    Good luck but I think your doing amazing already
  • NurseSturgill
    NurseSturgill Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing work! You really look great. Keep it up!

You talk a about the size difference but tell us how you feel! More energy? Happy?

Great motivation :)

Thanks =)
    Yes, absoulutely more energy, I feel better, have less back pain, and happier for sure. I still have a long way to go, but we're going in the right direction
  • NurseSturgill
    Options
    Wow that is amazing, I'll support you to encourage you. I have had trouble with my weight all my life to, but in other ways as a teenager I wasn't happy, I was always the smallest and often got ignored, never bullied just ignored. Then I got into and abusive relationship and development an eating disorder where I wouldn't eat. After many years I sorted myself out and found happiness but this came with the downside of finding that food could be nice and began enjoying my food, a little to much, now I have gone to the other end of the spectrum and are overweight, so need to lose the weight, but do it sensible .
    Good luck but I think your doing amazing already

I'm pretty sure you just summed up my life as well. Food became something that I could enjoy, and something that made me happy, and eventually I lost control with it too. I'm working really hard to continue enjoying food, but in a more moderated manner. I couldn't even count the amount of times I sat down, ate some ridiculous amount of food and afterwards thought "Well that's the fattest thing you've ever done" yet I still found ways to out do them =/
  • missymere
    missymere Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You're stunning! Keep up the good work, and thanks for the inspiration!
  • Jobeth1961
    Jobeth1961 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What an amazing read, thank you for sharing with us. You & your husband sound lovely and you couldn't be giving a better gift ( no money could buy) to your children. Wow many CONGRATULATIONS you look FAB. Having just entered onederland myself, feel free to add me as a friend, just wish I'd done this when I was your age!
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    First, let me say, you are looking and doing amazing. And you and Billy are great inspiration to everyone, especially all the couples working together to achieve a healthy life.. Having your spouse go on this journey makes it so much less lonely. And take care of my boy. lol.
  • Twisted_sista
    Twisted_sista Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work!! :)
  • NurseSturgill
    Options
    First, let me say, you are looking and doing amazing. And you and Billy are great inspiration to everyone, especially all the couples working together to achieve a healthy life.. Having your spouse go on this journey makes it so much less lonely. And take care of my boy. lol.

Thanks so much <3
    I will for sure take care of him. He has been a force to be reckoned with lately!!
    From what I have heard, you are nothing short of an inspiration yourself!! You have done a fabulous job!!
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! That's wonderful you & your husband are on the weight loss journey together! I wish you all the best!
  • gillard0915
    gillard0915 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're VERY inspiring!!! and show amazing results! What are you meal plans like? I struggle the most when it comes to planning my meals for the day.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Love your positivity and can totally tell you work hard:) Also very cool that your husband is on your journey with you:) My husband is just getting on board with weight loss and I am really excited to help him along and ultimately have us both hold each other accountable.

Thanks for being an inspiration:)
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love that feeling of wearing old clothes and they fit so good! Keep up the great work mama!
  • allicyn
    allicyn Posts: 9
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm 25 (26 this summer) and am working on losing the baby weight as well.

Great job!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You guys are AWESOME! -Props to you BOTH! :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    A Great Big Congrats to you!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    WOW you crammed a lot of info into that thread title. This must qualify for an award of some kind. I feel like I KNOW you already and havent' even read your post yet...bump.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you and I'm proud of you. I am also in my mid 20's and trying to lose 50 pounds.
  • wins1219
    wins1219 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Fantastic job!