How often do you weigh in?

Options
I've heard that it's not good to weigh too often as body weight fluctuates so much it can get confusing. I was wondering how often you weigh in??

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, actually twice a day. In the morning before a shower and at night before bed. Yes, the weight fluctuates, but I've been doing it for so long that I know I will be approx. 2lbs lighter the next morning compared to my bed time weigh in.
    I only update my weight on here once a week and that's my Sunday Morning weight.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    I have started weighing in only once a month, I was getting much too obsessed with the darn scale:blushing: and to make sure I don't cheat, I give my scale to my husband to hide until the month is up:bigsmile:

Best of luck!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I log in once a week but I do weigh in everyday! I read somewhere that if you weigh yourself everyday you can monitor how food effects you. example: if you had too much sodium yesterday it will show on scale today. I admit I am a bit obsessed with the scale but it helps keep me in check! strange thing I noticed is after exercise my weight it up like 2 lbs or more but I think its because of retention during the work out because later the same day I am back down... weird...
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, nude, after going to the bathroom. That way the circumstances are the same every time. And I agree with the person about the sodium. If I do not get the minimum 8 cups, my weight goes up, but as soon as I am drinking enough, it goes back down.
  • decemberg
    decemberg Posts: 26
    Options
    Pick one day of the week and do a weigh in. When you weigh in do it right away in the morning before breakfast and after your first bowel movement. Don't over do it...one day you could be heavier due to the water your body is holding etc. Don't get obsessed. Also go by how your clothes are fitting. You could also be losing inches.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, nude, after going to the bathroom.

Yup, that's how I do my mornings as well.
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I weight in ever monday....at first i weighed in every friday but i'd realize that over the weekend was my highest days of fluctuating and then monday would be back to regular, so I began weighing in on Mondays.....
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually Fridays, as soon as I wake up and use the restroom. Some weeks, I may peek and see how I'm doing after a bad weekend or mid week, but I never log it here.
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh officially every Sunday, when I will usually records it on here. That will be my number then.
    I do tend to weigh once on a Tuesday and once on a Friday as well, just to see if I am on a downward trend. If it has fluctuated by one or two pound that is fine, but I would just like to see if the scale is going down throughout the week and if it is, I know I'm still on track for a successful Sunday weigh in! ^_^
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning before a shower and every night before bed. It really has become more of a habit. Yes it can be disheartening sometimes, but then some days it surprises you in a good way!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My plan is to weigh myself on every other Sat morning. Tommorrow is my first weigh in. I picked every two weeks because historically I've been a slow loser so by doing it every other week, I am hoping that the losses will be in the whole numbers. While intellectually I know that .5 pounds add up, it isn't very emotionally satisfying.

I do jump on the scale in between periodically and like others notice the 2 to 4 pounds shift between morning and night.

I am in the school of weigh in post shower nude, after going to the bathroom.

My advice as an old lady is that scale is but one tool in your arsenal to get healthy. Exercise, making good food choices, accurately logging in those choices, and taking care of yourself are just as important as "Mr. Scale.".
  • KathleenAGarrity
    KathleenAGarrity Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning - but I only record my weight once a week as Friday's weight.
    I like be aware of where my body is and if it goes up more than it should I know to watch what I eat that day!

I'd be afraid to weight myself once a month - a month is a long time and I'd be worried that I'd be doing something wrong and then its a whole month wasted.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    I'd be afraid to weight myself once a month - a month is a long time and I'd be worried that I'd be doing something wrong and then its a whole month wasted.

but since it is a lifestyle change and not a diet, I know I'm not wasting anything , see what I mean?:happy:
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I weigh every Friday....at 7am.. no clothes, after I use the bathroom.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I weigh myself twice a week. Monday mornings and Friday mornings. I took the scale out of the bathroom and put it in the basement. If I want to weigh in, I have to go down 2 flights of stairs to get to it and back up 2 flights. This keeps me from becoming obsessed..
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I post once a week but I weight myself 4 to 5+ times a day
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to weigh in every 2 weeks. I see better results and don't get discouraged that way. if I keep myself busy I won't get on the scale. for a while I was weighing myself every day and then realized I was obsessing over it so I started hiding it so it wasn't visible to me every time I walked in the bathroom. that helps a TON.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure myself once per week, sometimes Saturday, sometimes Sunday (once it was even a Friday! :laugh: )

I used to be a multiple weigher, weighing many times per day, that had to stop though, it is obsessive and anything obsessive is unhealthy mentally - I have enough bad habits as it is without the scales adding to them! :laugh: