16 to 10 in 3 months goal - hints tips friends welcome!

I have just started on my path to trying to be a size 10 down from a 16 in 3 months before I go on holiday!

I would love some friends to keep me motivated and share what has worked for them as I'm desperate to reach my goal!

I was a size 10/12 only 18 months ago and in a matter of a few short months rocketed up in size and I can't explain why :( If I try get back to my original size now I have some chance, I don't want to leave it and be like the exessively curvy women in my family!!

When I can paint my toes easily, walk to the shop without being dramatically out of breath, laugh without my belly wobbling like homer simpson, and maybe maybe maybe if I work real hard can walk without my thighs touching so much then I'll know I've got where I need to be to be healthy!

PLEASE HELP MEEEE!! x

Replies

• eruthuk
    eruthuk Posts: 6 Member
    I sent you a friend request, I'm trying for something similar. I want to go from a size 16/18 (depends on the shop!) to a 10/12 and I need some encouragement too. Maybe we can cheer each other on???
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Sorry to be the killjoy of the thread, but I'm not sure the goal you have set yourself is very realistic. It has taken me a year to get from a size 22 to a size 16. I'm also going on holiday in 3 months and I'm aiming to be a 12/14 by then. Losing so much weight so fast is not healthy. You risk losing lean muscle mass and considering that you'll have to make make a drastic change to your calorie intake, you won't be nourishing your body in the way it needs and it won't be sustainable in the long term. I speak from experience - I've done drastic diets in the past and had good results to begin with, then piled it all back on (and more!). This is the first time I've ever lost weight and kept it off long term. 64lb and counting.

Instead of hoping for a quick fix, focus on losing weight slowly and learning to appreciate your body on each step of the journey. Good luck :)
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    I went from a 14 to a 6 but it took me a little longer than 3 months! :/ More like 6 months. I know speeding your metabolism is key and the secret to that is eating breakfast and then eating every three hours (small meals of course!). I ate 1250 calories in the beginning and logged every single thing that went into my mouth...even gum!
    You can do it!!!
  • l2013k
    l2013k Posts: 18 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm upper size 14 and want to be 10 for August. Good Luck