ideal weight

Options
I am constantly concerned about my weight. I get mixed messages and i would love to know what the ideal weight for a five foot five inch 32 year old mom. What do you think?

Replies

• Fibzilla
    Fibzilla Posts: 4
    Options
    I just search BMI for your height 5 foot 5 inches and the normal weight range was quite broad 112lbs (18. 6% BMI) to 149lbs (24.8% BMI)
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    Yeah thats the issue. Too broad of a spectrum. I guess that could be good, but it doesnt help me with my perfectionist personality.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor? It's dependent on lots of factors, including your frame size and body fat %. Just get to a place you are happy. There's no such thing as an ideal weight for everyone.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    if you are in the healthy range, then the ideal weight is where you feel best. I don't think there is a right answer anyone can give you, we are all different it would be impossible to say based on height and weight or even other factors the exact pounds that would be best.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile. It says you're trying to maintain your 19% BMI. I'm saying this out of concern - you should maybe evaluate why you're so concerned with what your ideal weight is. I certainly don't think you need to go any lower.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Consider bodyfat % not weight