opinions on juice and smoothie diets

I seem to have hit a plateau and am looking into a fruit and veggie juice/smoothie diet to break this. Because of a recent injury Im not able to intensify my workout and my goal was to be another 10 down by the end of May. I thought this kind of diet chenge would help me get there. What are your opinions ? and any suggestions or recipies from those who have tried this before would be helpful.

Replies

• I'm no expert, but here's my personal opinion after doing this successfully (and keeping it off... mostly... for about 15 years): I don't give a rip where they come from (with a few caveats below), but your caloric intake is what to worry about. I can lose weight on high protein, low carbs. I can lose weight on high carbs, low fat. I can lose weight on high fat and protein, SUPER low carbs. I just doesn't seem to matter if the calorie level is right.

If you're asking if you should switch to a juice and smoothie diet as a way to have a huge calorie deficit, then I would say NO WAY. Add me to the long list of people who've tried the starvation level calorie plan with very negative results in the long term.