My mind seems to finally be...

Options
snowsflake
snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
catching up to what my body has been doing! So, my mind really has taken this long to catch up with my weight loss I don't know why I thought my mind would just instantly be like..."okay, now you're 104 pounds lighter, so I'm totally going to change immediately!" I have to remember that my I was morbidly obese for about 15 years and that my mind changed from that of a healthier, thinner me to that of a person that was morbidly obese. Now, based on my height and the scale I now fall in the obese category, and I'll take that. People comment on how I look all of the time...that I look skinny and really good...and the way I feel about myself has been changing, but it has taken time.

Change is hard no matter what kind of change it is. I will admit that I don't hate the way I look OR feel anymore, and I'm more comfortable in my own skin, and the reason is I've worked on myself from the inside out. The way I look on the outside is a direct reflection on how I feel on the inside. Not that it's always a cake walk, but I'm FINALLY enjoying life BECAUSE I finally love myself enough to enjoy it.

Replies

• Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yay!! :) You're such an inspiration to me. You're so amazing. Rockin' job!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MikeRay
    MikeRay Posts: 47
    Options
    AMEN!
    Great read
  • jmcankat31
    Options
    ok snowflake, I am very happy for and proud that you have lost your weight. do you have any pointers for someone struggling in the losing of the weight cause it is so hard for me, with 4 kids life stress, and about to start school plus I am morbidly obese i mean big as a house 375lbs. I love myself somedays but the other days I am on that haterade. i give good advice to others but never look at myself as deserving that good advice or practice what I preach.If you hvae any pointers please let me no I would be glad for your input.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I have seen people on here with HUGE losses, but I don't think I've seen anyone over 100lbs. As you can see 100lbs is my goal, and seeing your post just confirms IT'S DOABLE, thank you!!!!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Your amazing thanks for sharing!!
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    amazing read and im so hapy for youx
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, well done you. What an acheivement you should be so proud of yourself. xx
  • porter09
    porter09 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know just how you feel. Having lost 130lbs and another 20 to go in my mind im still big. Its so hard to get over it even though people do say things that make u feel better it is still in your mind. Well done you for your loss and thanks for posting.
  • velvetechos
    velvetechos Posts: 234
    Options
    You ARE AMAZING! Way to go :)!!!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!! It's been a great journey...WORD!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!