weight lifting 0 calories burned?!

Options
I guess I'm just going to use this for counting my macros...I have a pretty intense workout I do 6 days a week but I'm clueless as to how many calories I burn doing it so I can't quite figure out how many calories is 500 below my maintenance level...I guess only time will tell. Anyone else get annoyed with any weight training showing up as 0 calories burned?

Replies

• choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Are you logging it under the cardio section: Weight training?
  • postzak
    postzak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Depends on the intensity of your workout.
    I workout 40-90 minutes 3 times a week and i just eat my 2000 calories. the workout will be somewhat like 400 calories so i guess im taking about 1600? It's just something you gotta find out yourself.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Are you logging it under the cardio section: Weight training?

^^this

log lifting under strength training for tracking your reps, etc. but also log it under cardio for tracking calories.
  • killerchin991
    Options
    yeah i do a good work out to 5 days a week and says i burn no calories too but i found this

http://www.livestrong.com/article/449741-how-many-calories-do-you-burn-lifting-dumbells/

and the weight lifting goes under the strength training all the exercises are there and no not give a calorie count
  • swaguilarbro
    Options
    haha THANK YOU GUYS!! I seriously would've never put weight lifting under cardio...I started logging my sets and didn't see any calories burned so I stopped.
  • jenniferwilliams
    Options
    I was so dissappointd at first that we couldn't log calories from weight training. Thanks for the info..