Sweet Tooth

Options
halfpint71
halfpint71 Posts: 53 Member
I have recently developed a major sweet tooth. I have never craved sweets I was always the one who asked for seconds instead of dessert. I need some ideas of lower carb (diabetic) semi healthy ideas to curb my cravings . Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I dont' know what your sugar limits are as a dibetic, but I like this, it has 21 grams of sugar, but its natural. Hope it helps
    Edys Strawberry Fruit bars- they have all the info on this site too.
    Nutritional facts Amount per 1 Bar
    Calories 80
    Calories from Fat 0
    Total Fat
    Saturated Fat
    Trans Fat (g)
    (g)
    (g) Cholesterol (mg) Sodium (mg) Total Carbohydrates
    Dietary Fiber
    Sugars 21 (g)
    1 (g)
    20 (g)
    Protein (mg)
    Calcium %
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    I love fresh strawberries with a little Hershey's Lite syrup drizzled over them. Yum!
  • tw1970
    tw1970 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am diabetic and I like the south beach protein fit bars for a snack, I've tried teh chocolate and peanut butter. 140cal and 7g of sugar. I also do the sugar free jello's and the sugar free jello pudding's. My favorites are dark temptation chocolate pudding, it's whipped and very good, i recently tried the caramel creme too and liked that. those are only 60cal and no sugars.
    Here in oregon, we have a 7-11 store and they have crystal light, sugar free peach mango slurpees, a small 12oz is 60cal and no sugars. Hope this helps!
  • angelajiniel
    angelajiniel Posts: 115
    Options
    Don't know how worried you are about fat content, but a great low-carb treat I love is whipping cream whipped up with a little bit of sugar-free chocolate pudding. Delicious chocolate mousse. Also, you can mix cream cheese with splenda and a few other things, depending on your flavor preference, for a great cheesecake type dessert. Most truly low-carb things are higher in fat because that's the way the diet is planned. Anything with berries is also good. Dark chocolate is also usually lower in carbs, but not all of them, check first! Hope this helps!
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic. I use fruit, usually cherries or raspberries with stevia on them. I also am a big fan of the Starbucks caramel sugar free syrup - I can put that on raspberries to change the taste and sweeten them up. In winter, I also heat a cup of milk in the microwave and then put in 3 pumps of the syrup to give me a little sweet sipping stuff after dinner. I find that satisfies my dessert need.
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    One word of caution - be careful with the so-called diabetic treats. They are usually sweetened with sugar alcohols (mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol, lactitol, isomalt, maltitol and hydrogenated starch hydrolysates (HSH).), which they will tell you on the box can lead to diarrhea with excessive consumption. What they don't tell you is that 10 gm is an "excessive" amount and most of the treats have more than 10 g in one serving. And they cost more so you pay a premium for the privilege of visiting the potty more often..
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE sweet tooth craving is under 100 calories and totally delish and satisfying.

Take 2 squares of Dove dark chocolate promises (35 cals each) and melt them in the microwave. Takes about 30-45 seconds at 60% power. Then take 5 strawberries, rinse and dry well. Dip each strawberry in the chocolate and put on a wax paper and into the fridge for about 1-2 hours.

I'm telling you, this is the bomb!! And since it is all natural and no artifical crap you will be satisfied and not crave something else.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Oh here's another one, I have to hide these from my 3 yr old son he thinks its a Candy Bar. Kellogs Fiber Plus Antioxidants. My favorite is Dark Chocolate Almond, they have other flavors 130 calories, 7g sugar
  • amylynnethomas
    Options
    One of my favorites is sugar free angel food cake ripped up and covered with fresh strawberries and blueberries and topped with a couple spoonfuls of light cool whip......YUMMY!!!!!
  • jmmr77
    jmmr77 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds awesome, I am trying this one for sure. I have raspberries and semi sweet chips for now until I get to the store for the strawberries and Dove.
  • jmmr77
    jmmr77 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am bringing dessert tomorrow to a bbq so angel food cake w/ strawberries and blueberries is just the thing.