Help! I need shoes.

Options
I am in need of some new work out shoes and I sure could use some suggestions on what kind to buy. Right now I do a combination of strength training, elliptical, treadmill and outside walking, and rebounding. I also throw a little hula hooping in there just for fun. I would love to try some running, but have some issues with my knees and am not sure this is possible for me though. What kind of shoes should I get? And what brand? I want some good shoes, but can't spend a fortune on them. Thanks in advance for any advice any of you can give.

Replies

• eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Could go to a sports shoe store and get properly fitted and then find the shoes cheaper elsewhere or online. Just make sure you write down the make, model, exact size, etc. Then you know what you are going to get if you order em on line. Might be able to find em 20 to 30$ less online, etc.

If you are going to try running you definitely need good shoes. I use pretty cheap shoes (new balance $50) but I only run on the rubberized track next block over. I need to get better shoes as I am old and fat and my friend wants me to run a race in June with her so am looking for better shoes. Know what I want just my local store hasn't got em in yet. Might have to go to bigger town for em before June. Its only a 5k run so if I need to I can do my Avia toners but they will cut down on my time. Like I am going to place first anyways!?!

Shoes do make a huge difference on the knees.

You are doing great!
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions. I will definitely keep them in mind. Good luck on your 5K!