The BIG 4-0!

Options
Opera_Bound
Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
Ok, not a birthday, but I think it's even better. I'm not one to gloat or post much, but I felt the need after the last few weeks I've had!

This morning (not my usual weigh-in, but considering I've got my brother's wedding all weekend, I figured I'd see where I stand prior to the festivities!) I weighed in at 227.0! That OFFICALLY means I've dropped 40 LBS since my highest weight of 267.0!!

I just want everyone that has their doubts and struggles to know that this site truly does work. I stood stagnent for about a year...yep, almost 12 months to the day. I waivered between 5-8 lbs of loss and gain in that time. It was my own doing, setting my priorities elsewhere, but now that I'm back on track and following the guidlines given here (along with the WONDERFUL support!), I'm seeing results. Hang in there, ask for help, share your worries, share your successes; as long as you stick with it.

Thanks for everything and to everyone who makes this place what it is! And YAY for 40lbs lost!

(I suppose I'll upload some new pics after this wedding weekend is over...I'll be all gussied up, of course!)

Replies

• pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:

I'm so proud of you! 40 is a HUGE milestone, and I'm so very glad that we have each other for support! You're a wonderful woman, and inspire me to no end! Keep up the awesome work diva!!!!!

XOXOXOXOX C
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! :drinker: That's such a huge acheivement!!! Good for you!! I'm hoping I can post that amount by Feb 11. Keep up the great work!!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    **FIST PUMPING** WOOOOOHOOOOOO! Congrats, girl! You obviously have worked very hard to see that "4-OH!" so scream it from the rooftops if you want to, and I want to HEAR you!!! You will have such a great time at the wedding, all 'gussied up' and feeling confident!

DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING....(But they WILL be!) Keep up the good work : ):drinker:
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You will be amazed at the changes you see in the next 40. You should be there in a few months!
  • keith0373
    Options
    Congrats! You will be amazed at the changes you see in the next 40. You should be there in a few months!
  • Opera_Bound
    Options
    :blushing: Thank you all for the sweet and motivating comments. :flowerforyou:

ODONNA - Haha, I'm a DANCING QUEEN...generally the FIRST one out there on the dance floor, along with my mom and sisters! hehe, We're ready to party! :drinker:

Cyp - XOXOXO You're the best! Thanks for all you do for me. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • keith0373
    Options
    Great shirt Opera!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, well done on what you have acheived. You should be really proud of yourself :happy:
  • Opera_Bound
    Options
    Great shirt Opera!

Hahaha - I only wear it to the gym...but I love it! My former roommate just finished her Master's degree at the Univ of NE in Lincoln so she brought me this shirt when I saw her last! :drinker: Always puts a smile on my face though.
  • keith0373
    Options
    It sort of guarantees that the people you are talking to won't be looking at your eyes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!