Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercising with a disability

SarahEllis28
SarahEllis28 Posts: 37
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a friend with the same disease as me but she's a bit worse off than I am. She is impaired in her left arm and she is left handed. She's also having spasms which makes it hard for her to exercise. She's unable to drive so getting to certain places, like a swimming pool, to exercise will be difficult.

I have a few ideas for her but I'm wondering if all the great people here can offer any other ideas?

Thank you!

Replies

• alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    What about pilates or yoga. Short segments of routines might be best?:flowerforyou:
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 642 Member
    Sounds like its going to be frustrating for her with the impairment, whats the severity of the impairment by the way? She has plenty of workout options to do at home, lots of great videos out there etc.. Depends on her abilities really or her capabilities. What equipment does she have available to her , what interests her, what would motivate her and what would she enjoy. I love your spirit and dedication, truly an inspiration, if I can help I will try my best.
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Has she ever had any sessions with an OT or a PT? My best friend is an OT and the things she comes up with to help her clients/patients is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.