sum it up in ONE word: broken

Options
How can I describe my week to you??? I can sum it up for you in one word, "broken." I have no idea what is wrong with me. When it comes to weight loss I am often like a hot shower that has spurts of cold water that make you want to jump out of the tub but its warm enough to stay in at the same time.

Not sure I am making any sense to anyone else. I am just so often burning with the desire to be healthy, to finally have my body match my spirit and other days I could not care less. The only real problem with my hot and cold complex is the fact that often I stay "hot" for weeks and then all of sudden I am cold for weeks. So in the end all the "results" I accomplished previously are washed down the drain with a pack of debbie cakes and tall glass of milk. The truth is even as I put the food to my mouth I hate it yet the food still enters and consume. It cannot be good for my body and I get so sick to my stomach. I make the choice to be cold and that is where my brokenness is hidden. Why do I choose to eat what is not going to give me a good result in the end? Why do I choose to just up and stop working out? Why do I choose to hurt myself and keep myself trapped in this unhealthy and unwanted body?? When I figure it out I will let you know.....

Replies

• Itscrunchtime
    Options
    reply in ONE word: visualization.

I was watching a documentary with Jeremy last night and they talked a lot about visualizing your progress- where you want to be when you're finished. I guess it has a lot to do with connecting with the subconscious. Our brain and heart work on a subconscious level. The man in the documentary suggested that in order to "talk with yourself" (I know, it sounds silly) you have to talk the language that it talks. And the body doesn't speak english. It speaks in pictures or images. Many people have given themselves disease because of worry about that disease and likewise, many people have been able to heal their bodies by way of encouraging yourself and visualization. Anyways, something interesting I thought you might like to help you find a way to stop bad habits and replace with good ones. "Hungry for Change" is the name of the documentary. I suggest you watch it and let me know what you think. There's a lot to be learned, I think, even if you don't agree with everything.

love you lots,
    Suzie
  • 4mydogs
    4mydogs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Another word Commitment, commit to a calorie and excercise goal you can live with and just commit for one month. I had the same problem of hot and cold until I just comitted to my healrh as a top prority. But start with something you can live with, for me it was 1600 cal a week and 3 hours of excercise a week. You can absoloutely do this but also allow for a way to not over do it at first which can overwhelm you and then spin the opposite way with bad food choices and no excercise.
  • mink63
    mink63 Posts: 35
    Options
    Give yourself a break! This weight loss thing is hard work! I had a really bad problem with sugar about a month ago. I would eat good all day, exercise, thn binge on chocolate and candy at night and then work out more out of guilt. I decided to give up sugar for 1 month. I swear the addiction is getting better everyday! Each day itseasier to say no and to curb those late night sugar binges. I know people think if you restrict something you want it more, but I think of sugar and junk food the same as ciggerettes now. They are toxins that are going to pollute my body, undo all my hard work, and will eventually make me die (diabetes runs in my family so I don't think its dramatic to tell myself I will die if I eat it). Changing my thinking and visualizing that treat becoming another glob of fat on my *kitten* has worked for me. You are strong enough to put that package of debbies cakes down! In fact, most of the time I binged on stuff like that I'm not even hungry I'm telling my body " shut up! It taste so good, just shove more down. Hurry! More!" Make sure your body is getting enough food during the day so your binges aren't a result of low blood sugar, reward yourself with new clothes or a new book instead of a treat (after all we are not dogs, right?), and learn to move on a forgive yourself! Good luck and I'm rooting for you!