Boobs question!

Options
2»

Replies

• melodieava
    Options
    I was a 38 D in american cup sizes and have lost 25lbs since January. They've gotten smaller, maybe a 32 now, and possibly a C, but mostly they've just firmed up.
  • 2horsestoride
    2horsestoride Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was actually researching this recently, hoping to find some exercises that might help as I'm one of the "bustier" breed of ladies too. Unfortunately, what I found is that there are no muscles that can be strengthened to help with this issue. :( Some of you (not me, unfortunately) are just genetically blessed in this area more than others.
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    What is important is further damage limitation while your skin catches up with the weight loss. Press ups will help the chest muscles, which will give the illusion of looking firmer. Invest in a good sports bra (Shock Absorber are very comfortable). Firming creams may help tighten the skin/prevent stretch marks. You're still young, the skin has more of a chance to spring back.
  • bertabird
    bertabird Posts: 52
    Options
    The mammy's were the first thing I lost. I went from DD to D in weeks. I use a product called Palmers' for Stretch Marks. It's a thick moisturizer and it helps with the stretch marks. I have also been doing push ups, swimming and lifting.
    Because of the pectoral and shoulder exercises I have been able to develop the muscle underneath and that is helping in the fight. Like you, I don't want my boobs at my belly button or below. THAT would be just not cool. I'm not old, but I'm not a spring chicken either so I use lotion that gives help with the elasticity of my skin. It's working. ;o)
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    breast lift. Sorry, saggy boobs don't magically perk up.

Yep
  • girlsjustwanna
    Options
    Everyone's elasticity is really different. I am like you and I exfoliate, moisturise and support my boobs day and night with bras. There isn't much you can do about the skintype you are no matter what age. But the good news if you want to look at a silver lining is that my boobs haven't changed from me being 21 when they first went "floppy" (after breastfeeding) to now being 39. Just look after them well and it won't get worse!
  • nicole_andan
    Options
    I'm not sure that firming lotion is actually much better than just normal moisturiser, palmers for stretch marks is good but in my experience not as good as bio-oil (which is ridiculously expensive but good on small areas!) on any marks / stretches. I find Jergens and Nivea really good too. None of these things will work miracles though!!!

My best best best advice is to get measured in a reputable store, where you are actually gonna buy the bras from because I'm a different size according to the store and invest in really good quality bras and also REALLY good quality sports bra is not to be underestimated! It'll stop those babies moving around and stretching the skin more! Allow them to swing low and free in the evening though!

It's always worked for me!!!

xx
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I measured today and have lost 2 inches on mine from 34 to 32... thing is I'm only a B so it can sod off when I still have loads of inches left on my thighs/ bum :P.

Push ups and use free weights, I use 3kg and helps tone the arms but you can do exercises for the chest too. I'm 32 and although gravity doesn't have a lot to pull at I'm still quite perky xx
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    The exercises people have mentioned that strengthen chest muscles will help SOME, but they will not completely make boobs firm and perky. It's a fact of aging that breasts get saggier as the years pass. You can try to slow this progress, but they WILL become softer and droopier as you age. Of course, there's always plastic surgery. :-/
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I wear two bras to the gym. We have ligaments in our breasts, and bouncing wears them out.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yeah I only lost pounds, and went from a 36C to a 32B, I do not want to get any smaller, so I have to try out some of the advice you got to help at least slow the process!
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input :) I've recently invested in well-fitting bras, both day time and sports bras! For those who suggested surgery, it's not an option for me, firstly because I don't have the money but also because I'm fighting to create the body I want with diet and exercise, if slightly deflated boobs are a side effect, I'll deal with it, I won't resort to surgery as it's not affecting me so much to make me want to resort to going under the knife.

I'm hoping palmers cocoa butter, stopping smoking and chest flies/press will help me out :)
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yeah I only lost pounds, and went from a 36C to a 32B, I do not want to get any smaller, so I have to try out some of the advice you got to help at least slow the process!

I hope it helps :)