Low Cal Sides For Burgers?!

Options
Hi guys! Treating myself to a burger tonight for dinner tonight but since it will eat into my calorie goal quite a lot, I was trying to think up some nice low calorie sides so that I stay far away from full fat coleslaw and fries!

Any suggestions?

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    A salad, fresh fruit, or vegetables.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you're already firing up the grill do veggie kabobs. Yum. I personally like zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers.
  • TesselCat
    TesselCat Posts: 74
    Options
    If you're already firing up the grill do veggie kabobs. Yum. I personally like zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers.
    This!! (Or just grill any vegetable -- SO GOOD. Grilling/roasting can really make people love vegetables they thought they never would!)
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I doubt they are that low cal as they are deep fried, but courgette chips/fries are delicious and a bit more nutrient dense than potato.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Honestly, grilled or roasted asparagus is one of my favorites. It's really easy. Trim off the thicker ends of the asparagus and then spread them out on a baking sheet. Lightly drizzle olive oil over them and cover them with any seasoning you like (I like barbecue seasonings) and then bake at 425 for 12-13 minutes.
  • gublercullen
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm doing some nice roasted veg (courgette, pepper and onion) with some grilled asparagus thrown in for fun!