gaining weight help

Options
i lost 6lbs in march and i thought this was a good start losing 2lb a week , i watch what i eat keep my net cals to 1200 and eating back my gym cals burnt. i go to the gym x2-3 a week and do small amount of cardiac work out which i am gradually building up due to the fact i had a heart attack 7mths ago so have to take things slowly at moment. then the weight start to increase and i have now gone back where i started and put on the 6lbs lost, i have lost 2 inches off my waist and 1inch off my hips. can anyone help and advise how i can continue to lose the inches and lose the weight, as i feel better losing the inches, but feel too heavy for my 3ft 3 frame and surly this weight is not good for my heart failure.

Replies

• Jeffs32
    Jeffs32 Posts: 18
    Options
    sorry that should read 5ft 3 frame.
  • Jeffs32
    Options
    please can some one help re previous question
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I don't completely understand the situation - are you still going to the gym, eating 1200 calories, and doing that gaining weight?
    Or have you so-called 'fallen of the wagon'?
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Will your insurance cover talking with a nutritionist? Do you have access to a cardiac rehab program? Ask those people too.

Here's a collection of some of the best advice I've seen:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/how-to-use-myfitnesspal-427993
  • demonid
    demonid Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    weight is a funny thing. you mentioned that you lost some inches. the weight could be muscle, or water as well. i say keep at what you're doing. excercising three times a week is awesome. maybe you just need to give yourself a little more time. you'll start to see positive results.
  • Dawn4511
    Dawn4511 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Do you measure and track your food to see if there is anymore calories sneaking in?
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more cals, 1200 isn't enough to sustain you, it's too big of a deficit x
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    if she is eating back her exercise calories, 1200 is fine. I am 5'3 as well, and I do the same...and I have looked at my TDEE. Try changing your macros to 30% protein and 15% fat and drink a ton of water. I also eat 4 meals, 4 hours apart about 300-500 calories each. That really helped the scale start moving for me. You can go longer than 4 hours, but you will be crazy hungry. You shouldn't be eating more often than that though, otherwise your body never gets a chance to burn your stores.
  • ericasmith56679
    Options
    is just starting this program has been losing weight for the last 4 months. remember Jeff muscle weighs more than fat per unit. if you can talk to the trainer at your gym they might be able to do a body fat check on you. or ask the next time you see your doctor.
  • Jeffs32
    Options
    i have completed a cardiac rehab course of 12 weeks at the gym i attend and have gradually increased my work out with the cardiac trainer, as i have lost inches it could be that im gaining muscle or due to the medication i have to take i could be retaining fluid, it just seems that im getting no where and it very frustrating. but thank you for all the advise i will try to keep going and hopfully will start to lose some weight .
  • Jeffs32
    Options
    hi due to my heart attack i work with a cardiac trainer 3x week the work out is for 30 to 50 mins and i burn between 150 to 200 cals each time which for me in my current health is pretty good, i eat back the cals to keep my net cals at 1200 but my weight goes up and down like a yo yo .
  • Jeffs32
    Options
    thank you all i will check out web sites stated and look at my tracking to see if im misssing cals but i think im good at this i log everything, maybe im being a little impatient, im seeing my cardiac nurse this week so will check things out with him as well. will let you all know how i get on :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You are most likely at the point where your weight loss slows a little bit and you start to notice your natural body weight fluctuations. When I first started out, I lost quite a bit the first few weeks...more than intended...most of it was water. After those first few weeks everything normalized and I started losing at the rate I was intending..but I didn't always see it...it came out to about 1 Lb per week on average over the course of multiple weeks and months. Sometimes I wouldn't see it for just one week because it's normal to have fluctuations of 2-5 Lbs day to day due to water, food in/out, waste, etc.