Workout questions?

Options
Does anyone know if a workout is more effective in the morning or late at night? Or are they the same?

Replies

• luckyshilling
    Options
    That is one of those questions that the answer depends on who you ask or which 'recent study' is published in a fitness book or magazine.

My answer is whichever time is the one you can stick to. Cuz a workout done is always better than a workout skipped.:wink:
  • CidCecilia
    Options
    Presuming you mean cardio workouts, they are not different unless you do it fasted. Aka if you do it in the morning before you've eaten, you'll generally burn less calories, however more calories from fat in your body. Pulling some numbers out my *kitten*, if you work out fasted you might burn 100 calories of which 70 are from fat, whereas if you work out after eating you'll burn 150 calories, of which 100 are fat. As for effectiveness, that depends on how much force you can muster out of yourself. Most people, I dare say, would benefit more from working out unfasted, as it means they burn more calories in the end. Find what works for you!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Why would you burn less calories working out fasted?