adding butter cals

Options
Hi, How do you add butter cals to toast or crispbread?

Replies

• TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Weigh the toast/crispbread before and after adding butter to work out how much butter you've used.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale and tare it with the bread on and then add my move over butter and put enough on for one serving
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    on the food search, I put "butter pat'. It comes up as 36 calories, I think.
  • Amtath
    Amtath Posts: 2
    Options
    Personally I weight the pack of butter before and after. And the difference is what I used. On my scale, I have nothing to clean doing so.

This method can be use for other things
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    When I add something to bread (butter, margarine, peanut butter, etc) I measure it out. When I use margarine one serving is 2 tsp so I scoop it out with a tsp, than use the knife to put it on my bread.

The weighing method works as well.
  • silverpuma
    Options
    thanks all for the help.....:-)
  • silverpuma
    Options
    Personally I weight the pack of butter before and after. And the difference is what I used. On my scale, I have nothing to clean doing so.

This method can be use for other things

great idea....thanks
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    When I add something to bread (butter, margarine, peanut butter, etc) I measure it out. When I use margarine one serving is 2 tsp so I scoop it out with a tsp, than use the knife to put it on my bread.

The weighing method works as well.

The problem is that weight and volume are different. I was measuring my PB2 using a measuring spoon - one serving is 2 tbls. However, when I weighed it, 2 tablespoons that I had measured out (one serving or 12g) by measuring was actually 24g or two servings!! This is why I prefer to weigh everything. Dry cereal is another one that ends up being off a lot.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I use the back of a tablespoon and guestimate half a tablespoon (same as I do to guestimate a tablespoon of peanut butter) - I don't use knifes to spread them. I will probably reach a point where I need to be more diligent, and will probably use the "how many servings did I get out of that jar/pack" to make my guestimating more accurate.