Good Breakfast Idea's?

Options
Hi guys, I was just wondering if any of you wanted to share what you eat for breakfast.
I never seem to get enough calories, although I do feel like I am feeding myself well enough.

If you could include quick idea's, recipes, calorie counts or any other tips I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks x

(Thought I would also mention that I will would love some adds)
especially if you are under 30 preferably and are looking to lose weight and tone! I am 173cm (5ft 9), and weight 60kg (132 lbs).

Replies

• matisse216
    Options
    Bump! come on guys help a gal out!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    My diary is open
  • hilliebug
    Options
    I think good breakfast ideas include cottage cheese (loaded with protein!!) and whole wheat toast and fruit.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Homemade Egg McMuffins...

English Muffin
    Slice of Cheese
    Fried Egg
    Grimm's Turkey Sausage Round (Costco)
    Salsa or Ketchup

335 calories
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I was just wondering if any of you wanted to share what you eat for breakfast.
    I never seem to get enough calories, although I do feel like I am feeding myself well enough.

If you could include quick idea's, recipes, calorie counts or any other tips I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks x

Try a bowl of steel cut oats with berries or other fruit. Steel cut oats have a lot more nutrition than regular oatmeal.
  • arturo_marti
    arturo_marti Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    MMhh I am making a habit of eating a cup of yogurt mixed with raw oats (excellent for your health), chocolate amaranth (delicious and lots of protein!) and a chopped banana. (you may add honey if you are looking for a higher calorie version)
    Fast, delicious and super energetic.
  • Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I usually have a banana with 100% peanut or almond butter. Its soooo good. Followed by a handful of nuts :D Or dried fruit... I don't have a huge amount of time to eat in the mornings ...but i try and grab what i can. If I'm super busy I'll grab a protein shake, or a homemade protein bar........ Hmmm haven't had oats in a while for breakfast...may try that tomorrow actually! :D
  • Try overnight oats, they're sooo yummy, filling and super healthy! You can try any combinations, I started off by using this recipe (altered it a bit to my liking) http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/skinny-overnight-oats-in-jar.html or search skinny overnight oats on google or even just overnight oats, both amazingly healthy! Well done ans good luck, hope this helps x
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My current favorite breakfast is two hardboiled eggs, half an avocado, and a slice of whole wheat toast....mmmmm.
  • matisse216
    Options
    Thanks guys, I would also like to mention that I am gluten free!
    I do eat gf oats sometimes for a treat but I don't think steel oats are gf.

And for the cottage cheese, does it really have a lot of protein?
    I never knew that! How would you recommend eating it? Can it be eaten with fruit or toast?
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    kashi go lean crunch cereal - i like the cinnamon crumble, chaboni greek style yogurt, eggland's best eggs, kashi all natural blueberry waffles, old fashioned oatmeal. lots of healthy choices out there..
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    fresh or frozen blueberries
    pecans
    honey

mix, stir, eat
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    So many options, hard to know where to start! Maybe you could open your diary and we could offer suggestions on how you could improve on what you're already doing?

Some of my favourites are muesli with fruit and greek yoghurt, porrige with fruit and honey, scrambled eggs and toast, peanut butter on toast.

Lots of ways to adjust the amount of calories you are getting in the same meal - eg if I want to stay on the low side, I'll use berries as fruit, if I want higher cals, I'll use a banana. You can use low fat or full fat dairy, scramble eggs in olive oil rather than boiling/poaching, have peanut butter on toast instead of vegemite etc etc.

And on a side note, I saw on your profile you're an Aussie in Europe. *waves* me too :)
  • annpatricianielsen
    Options
    I LOVE oat meal!

All you need is 1 dl (about 40 grams) of oats and 2-2.5 dl of water. Mix it in a bowl and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. Leave for another minute before you add fruit, nuts, peanut butter, protein powder, honey etc. You can pretty much add whatever you want :-)

This morning I had a big portion with almonds, 1 sliced banana and a tablespoon of organic whey protein powder, and it was around 350 kcal. I have oat meal almost every morning so feel free to add me if you want to see more examples of what I add!
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Are you gluten free by choice or is it do to being a celiac and/or allergic to gluten?

Alternatives could include cottage cheese, greek yogurt, eggs of all sorts, etc.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    A whole egg, with a few egg whites plus lots of veggies made into an omelette. Use 1 calorie oil spray and you could get it done for less than 200 calories. Lots of protein to carry you through the morning and no gluten!

Zara x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    My other favourite is Fage Greek yogurt, with berries and a sprinkling of grape nuts. Delicious! I also throw in a protein shake some days if I'm in a rush.

Zara
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My fav breakfast is waffles topped with jam and peanut butter and a banana
  • matisse216
    Options
    Yes I love breakfast omelettes!
    And I am gluten free by choice, I am not a severe coeliac or anything but I do have reactions when I consume gluten :(
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    Oops, also just realised you are gluten free - guess toast, muesli and oats are all out for you then.

Smoothies? Cottage cheese really does have alot of protein. I found a recipe for 'Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie' - around 180 - 230 cals (depending on how much cottage cheese you use) and 18 - 20g protein.