Jillian Michaels DVDs

Options
Hiya,

Last year I performed the 30day shred and loved it, with just buying/doing my house up not had time to workout recently so want to get back into it.

I've just bought the following DVDS: Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed and Shred and Killer Buns and Thighs.

Would it be best if I complete each DVD one at a time, or use them all ie a different one every night?

Replies

• addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've never managed to finish the 30 day shred even when I started getting great results. I'm currently mixing and matching 30ds, ri30, 6w6p and body revolution and finding it much less boring.
  • scarlett7788
    scarlett7788 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, think I might mix it up- as much as I love Jillian she can get a bit boring when you have to listen to her repeat the same spiel every night for X days!
  • scarlett7788
    Options
    Is there anyway I could work out the calories burnt for these exercises so I can record it on my app?
  • vickipatterson462
    vickipatterson462 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is the best way to record your calories burned. It's different for everyone depending on their weight, body type etc. With mine, I burn about 325-350 on the 30 day shred, but it depends on the day and my energy level. Hope this helps!

13080659.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I agree a HRM is ideal, if you haven't got one log it as general circuit training
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log it as circuit training.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above: If you don't have an HRM (which is optimal), then log the workouts as circuit training.

I never finished the 30 day shred either... I got bored. I'm currently in between rounds of ChaLean Extreme and am doing Ripped in 30 for something different. I modify like crazy, though. I use heavier weights and lower reps, and use the ab exercises that I find most effectlve. Still getting results.

You'll be fine if you decide to mix things up and use all of the DVDs as you see fit. As long as you're doing SOMETHING, you'll see results. Jillian's programs are pretty comprehensive, in that each workout includes cardio, strength, and abs. I do RI30 3-4x/week and balance that out with running a couple of days.
  • scarlett7788
    Options
    Thanks everyone- will look into the HRM! Yeh i've varied the 30DS when doing it before- hated some of the ab workouts as felt no benefit so added some different planks in instead which I felt instantly!

I'm determined to keep to it so need to keep it varied and interesting! Looking forward to testing all the DVDs out now!
  • CarolinaBeachGirl2
    CarolinaBeachGirl2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    love to mix up the videos and getting good results as well as a since of accomplishment...30 Day Shred was to boring to complete as is. Not much weight loss but DEFINITLY loosing inches. Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism is my favorite.

good luck!

I agree a HRM is the way to go so everytime you know exactly how you did.
  • etmorley1
    etmorley1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do circuit training in a small class of 5 people. We work very hard for 60 mins with maybe 2 lots of 2 min breaks. When logged, it says I have burned 500+ calories. Is that accurate?