Water is disgusting

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I love water. I prefer it to any other drink, but I find that I tend to drink more of it if I am drinking it out of a cup or bottle that I like. Right now I am using one of those double wall insulated cups with a straw. Lots of ice makes me happy too.

I am curious if your situation is because of bad tasting local water. One of the easiest ways to jazz up water is a slice of lemon, lime or orange. I used to work at a restaurant that had all 3 sliced up at the bar and I used to squeeze one of each into my glass of water. YUM!
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    Filter it through some coffee grounds and add creamer. :) My own well water is heavy in metals and saline, so I drink bottled spring water and use the well water for coffee and cooking/steaming, where the flavor doesn't matter. I agree with you about tea, any tea except vanilla chai tastes like boiled lawn clippings.

Boiled lawn clippings. lols
  • rockymtnlove
    Options
    if your water tastes gross, you don't have clean water.
    Water should be tasteless

it is definitely my drink of choice.
    have you tried putting lemon in it, or cucumber, lime, watermelon, you can put ANY fruit in water and it will take good.
  • Carolannb1986
    Options
    Try drinking it through a straw, that way it goes down without you tasting it much and you can drink a lot more.:drinker:

Great idea..... also i need ur toned arms!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    right, people say im crazy when i say i literally CANNOT drink water, fruit tea has been suggested and that's disgusting too, ive been drinking around 2 pints of diet coke a day for the last few months, as well as 3 cups of tea with semi skim milk a day.

is there any suggestion of how i can get water into me without it tasting so gross?

Many Thanks,

Beth
    Beer. I read in a serious historical book that in the 18th century, trans-Atlantic travelers took barrels of beer because it was safer to drink than water. At least that was their story...
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    right, people say im crazy when i say i literally CANNOT drink water, fruit tea has been suggested and that's disgusting too, ive been drinking around 2 pints of diet coke a day for the last few months, as well as 3 cups of tea with semi skim milk a day.

is there any suggestion of how i can get water into me without it tasting so gross?

Many Thanks,

Beth
    Beer. I read in a serious historical book that in the 18th century, trans-Atlantic travelers took barrels of beer because it was safer to drink than water. At least that was their story...

I've heard this too.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Just drink water. Its not hard.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mjq5qdnYAG1r6ly6ao1_500.gif
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Water is not the only source of water. You will consume quite a bit of water from celery, cucumber, watermelon, oranges, etc.

We are designed to need water - if you force it to be your only drink of choice for a couple days your body will get used to it. Humans need water to live - not diet coke and tea. Hang in there our taste buds will change and adapt.

Try transitioning to plain water with club soda and a splash of cranberry juice, or that fancy sparkling water. I know its weird and kind of expensive... but Evian bottled water is soooo tasty!
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    tumblr_mjq5qdnYAG1r6ly6ao1_500.gif

THIS is exactly how I feel every time I pound a glass of water. I love it that much.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it took me a while to build up to drinking straight water. I used those little flavoring packets for a while, and then just a squeeze of lemon juice and now straight water. It used to make me gag something awful.

You'll get there and your body will thank you for it! =)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I just find I can't drink it right now because I'm getting over a bug... when I actually need it the most.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I just find I can't drink it right now because I'm getting over a bug... when I actually need it the most.

You know what's funny, that is the only time I hate water, when I am sick. It is funny because that is when you need it most!
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love the Sobe Life Water Zero. They are zero calories, naturally flavored and sweetened. This was the only way I could get water in when I first stopped drinking diet sodas. The Dragon Fruit is my favorite.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    CamelBakGrey10058544_l.jpg
    starbucks_tumbler.jpg

I have one of those filled with water and right next to me at all times. The straw really does help.
  • joshfei
    joshfei Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For most of my life, I was a big soda drinker. I could not stand the taste of plain water. When I started my diet, the soda went out the window, and I began drinking water more frequently. I found that I enjoyed it best at room temperature (although I know that this varies for people). Now, the only liquids I have on a steady basis, are water and coffee.
    Best of luck to you.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You're disgusting!...

okay, im totally joking, and as a matter of fact you look great! But in all seriousness I was one that always needed flavor when I drank. I made water my only drink by cutting everything else out completely and drinking it often. Having it cold and ready to drink makes it a lot more compelling as well. So try buying a pack and having them nice and cold. When you are thirsty, go for it. I've learned to love water. I tend to go through a 24 pack every 2 days even when refilling at the gym fountain. Which is why I usually buy them by the gallon instead. Not the advice you were looking for. But it worked for me. Just wanted to share in hope of helping ya out. You'll learn to love it if you stick with it.
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    CamelBakGrey10058544_l.jpg
    starbucks_tumbler.jpg

I have one of those filled with water and right next to me at all times. The straw really does help.

YES. It really does.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You can always add lemon or lime, hate to say.... maybe even a little sugar.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I love water, myself, and don't drink soda. But if you can't stomach plain water - and you like fizzy drinks - why not try soda water (sodium free)? It's nice with a bit of lemon.