Zig Zagging Calories, to break plateau??

Options
I just went to scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator, and typed in my information. It says that I should eat 1,563 calories a day. So does that mean that I should eat 1,563 calories everyday for a certain amount of time and then go back to my original goal of 1200, or zig zag by eating 1200 calories one day and 1,563 calories the next??

Replies

• purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing myself
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether you are eating back workout calories or if you calculated your planned workouts calories in for the week. right now my TDEE is 1960 calories a day. I try to eat that every day except the days I work out. When i work out, for example, if I burn 430 cal based on what my HRM says, then I eat and additional 430 calories - or close to it - so that my NET calories for the day are close to 1960. Make sense?
  • RobinRayn
    RobinRayn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal already calculates how many calories you can eat a day and still lose 1 to 2 lbs a week depending on what you chose in your preferences. Id just follow that.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    inyourdreams............friend me and I will help you break your plateau.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Does it say you should eat 1,563 calories a day with your activity and a deficit (i.e., 20%) factored in? If you put in all of your information with the correct activity level, and choose a 20% deficit from TDEE, the idea is that you eat that amount of calories EVERY day because your exercise calories have been figured into it already.

If you want to "zig zag" calories, you could put in your information with a sedentary activity level, eat the number you get with the 20% deficit, and then eat ALL of your workout calories on days you exercise.

If you post your stats it would be helpful too! Then I could give more detailed advice.

17892839.png
  • inyourdreams21
    inyourdreams21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Does it say you should eat 1,563 calories a day with your activity and a deficit (i.e., 20%) factored in? If you put in all of your information with the correct activity level, and choose a 20% deficit from TDEE, the idea is that you eat that amount of calories EVERY day because your exercise calories have been figured into it already.

If you want to "zig zag" calories, you could put in your information with a sedentary activity level, eat the number you get with the 20% deficit, and then eat ALL of your workout calories on days you exercise.

If you post your stats it would be helpful too! Then I could give more detailed advice.

17892839.png

Most times I exercise 1-3 days a week & currently weigh 184.8. When I do exercise I do 10 minute cardio workouts. I went to the TDEE calculator and it says 2302...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If you're using the MFP method and not eating back exercise calories, you should be...I'd personally start there. If you're using the TDEE method (calorie goal calculated with scooby calculator) then you wouldn't eat back exercise calories.

You can calorie cycle if you want...I personally don't think it makes a whole lot of difference.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    if the calcuator is telling you to eat 1500 calories per day, then that should be your goal. The 1200 has nothing to do with it.