I need help with losing weight ):

Options
SW: 220
CW:180
GW:130-140
18. Female. 5"4

Hey guys. I'm currently doing Insanity and have finished my first month. I'm on the last day of Recovery week and will start my second month on Monday. I've lost 5 pounds and 4 inches. I feel like that's a low accomplishment.

I lost my first 25 pounds by fast-walking on the treadmill an hour 5 times a day for 2 months. Then, I lost about 10 pounds off Wii-Fit. Did it an hour for 4 days a week. After that, it is EXTREMELY hard to lose weight. No matter how strict my diet gets, no matter how much i try to work out, its starting to seem impossible to lose weight): I know i still have A LOT of work ahead of me being at a Plateau for almost a year is aggravating . Ever since last May , my weight has been from 180-188. No matter how hard I try.. I can't get under the 180's. My short term goal is to get under 180 pounds.

ALSO: Starting Monday, I'm planning on walking for 45 minutes 3 days a week and do Insanity at night. Do you think that will help? Please comment your thoughts and help by giving advice.
I need some motivation..

Thank you!(:

Replies

• JT219
    JT219 Posts: 19
    Options
    wow!! I'm impressed, you're doing great!! I'm not losing a single lb with this 1200 calories a day. I was thinking of cutting back to see if that works. Good luck, you should be very proud of yourself!!
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Number one question...Are you eating enough? You need to fuel your body for serious, hardcore workouts like Insanity, especially if you are going to be adding more to it?

Second...have you taken your measurements and Body fat %? The scale might not move, but you are probably looking better.

Third...You are doing great! Almost every one I know who has done Insanity saw better results month 2
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    wow!! I'm impressed, you're doing great!! I'm not losing a single lb with this 1200 calories a day. I was thinking of cutting back to see if that works. Good luck, you should be very proud of yourself!!

do not cut back. try increasing...sometimes you need to eat more to lose more. 1200 is the absolute smallest amount you should eat a day!
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm still pretty new at this, but I'm also wondering if maybe your metabolism has gone into starvation mode and you actually need to eat more. It might also help to change up your macro ratios (if you're currently heavy on carbs, try upping the protein or maybe fat; if you're heavy on protein or fat, try upping the complex carbs). For me, my weight seems to get a little wacky if I consume too much processed sugar in a day - I think my body holds onto water in response and it seems to take nearly a week to lose it again - but that's just my observation of "me" and may well not be any sort of "normal" response..