Why am i so hungry?

Options
I feel like i could eat a horse...!! !!

I just don't understand why, i have eaten a bigish dinner and little and often throughout the day. Yesterday i had a binge :-( so well stocked up!!

Replies

• nasa91
    nasa91 Posts: 8
    Options
    You're eating at a large calorie deficit. You're hungry because your body hasn't been getting enough food. Try changing your goal to losing 0.5 lbs a week. That's much more sustainable for the amount of weight you have left to lose. The closer you get to your goal weight the closer your diet should get to one you can comfortably eat for the rest of your life.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If you are used to eating large meals, your stomach is probably stretched a bit and wanting to continue with big meals. Try concentrating on eating food that is low cal, but high bulk - lettuce/leafy greens, broccoli, green beans (with no heavy dressings or sauces - maybe just a bit of vinegar or lemon juice), etc. Fill up on that first and then eat sensible portions of "meat and potatoes". Do this up to 6 times a day. Try to slowly cut back on total portion sizes. It's OK to be a little hungry much of the time, but being ravenous is almost a guarantee of will power failure.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Eat more fats and protein and less carbs. Carbs are the least satiating macro, protein is the most. Try to make most of your carbs high fiber carbs like leafy greens.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't say too much. You only have a week filled out in your diary. 2 days are about 1,200 calories, 2 days are about 1,500 calories and the other 2 days are over 2,600 calories.

Go here to get a set amount to consume each day so you don't have to worry about exercise calories or being all over the map.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

There is also some great information here.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Change your 1200 goal to a more realistic goal. Look here. I lost my last bit of weight on 1650 so I'm sure you could up your calories a bit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    try cutting out refined sugar for a few days and see if that helps you feel more satisfied. Refined sugars make you crave more carbohydrates.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I think you may also have eaten less than you realised on Saturday. You logged steak AND spaghetti Bolognese. Did you really have both? Also, if you choose someone else's entry for Bolognese it may be waaaay out.

If I was starting out again, I'd start at mfp's maintenance calories and see what happened. Personally, I would have lost.