Accidently drank LOTS of full fat pepsi

Options
My housemate went to the shops earlier and asked if I wanted anything so I asked if he would pick me up some diet coke. He came back and said he had got pepsi as cheaper. I obviously thought this was pepsi max and didnt really look at the bottle. Been drinking it all day (supposed to be my alcohol subsitute) and I did think it tasted a bit odd, but then I am a diet coke girl and think Pepsi is not as good. Anyway the last time I went to the kitchen I realised it was just standard pepsi at 107 kcals per 250ml and I have drank LOADS of it which has totally put me over my daily allowance. And it wasn't even for something that was worth it!

I don't really want any advice and know I cant do anything but just feel properly gutted about it!!

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Oh. Okay. Well, good luck.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The good thing is Pepsi doesn't contain fat.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

I don't really want any advice and know I cant do anything but just feel properly gutted about it!!

Then not sure why you are posting? Other than to say that today you feel gutted for drinking Pepsi?
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    The good thing is Pepsi doesn't contain fat.

This. A lot of sugar, yes, but no fat.
  • roxierachael
    roxierachael Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Random rants are fun.
  • Sminat09
    Sminat09 Posts: 12
    Options
    Then not sure why you are posting? Other than to say that today you feel gutted for drinking Pepsi?

I know, it seems a bit silly. Just that felt like a bit of a rant about it. Honestly thought I was going to cry when I found out.

Should I just drop down my kcals tomorrow to make up for it?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    wtclAw4.gif
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    My housemate went to the shops earlier and asked if I wanted anything so I asked if he would pick me up some diet coke. He came back and said he had got pepsi as cheaper. I obviously thought this was pepsi max and didnt really look at the bottle. Been drinking it all day (supposed to be my alcohol subsitute) and I did think it tasted a bit odd, but then I am a diet coke girl and think Pepsi is not as good. Anyway the last time I went to the kitchen I realised it was just standard pepsi at 107 kcals per 250ml and I have drank LOADS of it which has totally put me over my daily allowance. And it wasn't even for something that was worth it!

Ewwww....

I drank some "full fat" Coke two years ago when I had the flu. Man, it was great. I hadn't had any real Coke with all that sugar since high school.
  • Requiembell
    Requiembell Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I know, it seems a bit silly. Just that felt like a bit of a rant about it. Honestly thought I was going to cry when I found out.

If this is a serious question or something:
    Here is what happens if you go over your limit once for one day:

Nothing.

Don't do it again and you are fine.
  • danasings
    Options

Don't beat yourself up about it. It's one day. Maybe do a little more exercise over the next few days. How much over are we talking about here, maybe 600 cals? In the grand scheme of things, that's not a lot. You'll be okay. :smile:

ETA: I also would be upset going over calories for Pepsi...Coca Cola tastes sooooo much better to me.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Forget about it and start afresh. You won't get fat from a bottle of pepsi. Ten yes maybe.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    wtclAw4.gif

I lol'd.
  • fruitninja93
    Options
    Don't worry about it! I had the same thing with some spray cream which was really confusingly labelled in ml not grams, so I worked it out as only 120 calories a can and literally ate a whole can about 3 days running, before realising that ml's isn't like grams and it was actually nearly 600 kcal a can! It is so disheartening, especially when you could have had something much more tasty for those calories, but at the end of the day there is nothing you can do about it so just move on. If you went over by about 600 kcal you could always just cut 100kcal a day for the next week to make it up?
  • Sminat09
    Sminat09 Posts: 12
    Options
    wtclAw4.gif

OK I have cheered up now - suprisingly I may have overreacted a tad. Think it just boiled down to the fact it didn't even taste that good and if I was gonna blow extra kcals I would have preferred it to be on something else.

Now the question is do I throw the remainder down the sink or ask if my housemate wants it? The only problem with the second option is that then I need to let him know he messed up which I would feel bad about.
  • danasings
    Options
    wtclAw4.gif

OK I have cheered up now - suprisingly I may have overreacted a tad. Think it just boiled down to the fact it didn't even taste that good and if I was gonna blow extra kcals I would have preferred it to be on something else.

Now the question is do I throw the remainder down the sink or ask if my housemate wants it? The only problem with the second option is that then I need to let him know he messed up which I would feel bad about.

Why would you feel bad about letting him know he made a mistake? Everyone does. He's human, it's okay. Dump it out and ask him politely to double-check next time for diet.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If you were true to your brand this never would have happened. For shame.

Just kidding, Pepsi is WAY better.

But seriously, everything will be OK. Go for a run! Or a walk for that matter.

tim-gunn-make-it-work-face_zps60d2e174.jpg
    Make it work!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes go do some exercise, you should have lots of energy after all that sugar.
  • sdumma
    sdumma Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    wtclAw4.gif
    lol
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    wtclAw4.gif

Hahahahahahahaha!

Loved this!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd just forget about it and move on. That, and take 2 Excedrin for the sugar/caffeine headache that I'd be expecting.