I'm new at this

Options
Never wrote on a board before. I joined yesterday after finding out I have high blood pressure and I'm overweight. We had a Wellness event at my work and they measured, weighted and drew blood. I got the report back with 4 alerts on it. Funny thing is I work for a company that makes blood pressure monitors.

I need encouragement to lose weight because I don't have it at home. My husband has worse eating habits than I. :ohwell:

Replies

• iowasunshine
    Options
    I am also new at this. I just signed up 2 days ago and I love it already. It's very easy to use and helps me track everything I eat and drink. It makes a huge difference when you actually track/ write down everything you eat and drink. There's some powerful accountability with that. Welcome to this new adventure! You are heading in the right direction!:smile:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome! First things first, you've already starting by logging in & introducing yourself - CONGRATS!
    Second, we also have a wellness program at my work & the motivation is if you hit your goals or stay within your goals, at the end of the year you get a $500 bonus (granted it's taxed, so you only get $300, but it's Xmas shopping money for being healthy:happy: )
    Any time you need some advise or a "helping hand", just send me a message. Due to being diagnosed with Celiac's Disease (gluten allergy) over 10yrs ago, I had to make a lifestyle change for good or else my body would be trashed by now.
    Know you can do anything you want & all of us here at MFP are here to help & support in any way we can :flowerforyou: