Vegetarian Breakfast ideas???

Options
I am vegetarian & slowly working towards veganism... once a week i like having a nice breakfast but i don't eat eggs so i scramble ricotta cheese with a bit of olive oil in a pan... it is really yummy but i am getting bored with just having plain ricotta cheese on a sunday morning. Any ideas or suggestions as to what i can add with my ricotta cheese so that i can have a nice yummy but not unhealthy breakfast on a sunday morning.... :smile: or any other quick & easy vegetarian breakfast recipes will be appreciated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You might want to look into tofu scrambles, there are heaps of recipies on the internet but i do
    Tofu, mushroons, onionwith some tumeric , pepper and cumin,
    Then towards the end i add a grated carrot to it.
    Alos peppers and peas if i have any.
    I add some cheese to mine and let it crisp up by frying but you can easily omit that.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I drink a vegan protein shake for breakfast almost everyday. I use unsweetened almond milk and either Arbonne or Sun Warrior protein powder. The macros are perfect, so if you're vegan and have a harder time keeping your protein percentage up, it starts your day off with 20g of protein and both those brands of protein powder are really tasty.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    How about throwing in some mushrooms and green pepper? Or onions and garlic. Or tomato and black olives. Potato and soy cheese? Black beans and green chiles? I'm making myself hungry...
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I second the tofu scramble! Also....you don't have to eat "breakfast foods" for breakfast!
  • cktb4him
    cktb4him Posts: 56
    Options
    Almond butter toast with orange juice or orange and almond milk, tofu scramble with some turmeric is tummy, almond milk or soy milk with vegan friendly cereals. Nature's path has got some yummy ones. When I was vegan (had to stop due to several health conditions) I ate Uncle Sam's cereal with soy milk. It's very filling and I always put berries on top.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I like brown rice with a drizzle of mapke syrup cinnamon nutmeg and almonds i love rolled oats as well :) i am doing pretty well on the vegan thing now that i found the vegan food pyramid my diet is way more satisfying and i feel very energetic and full
  • cktb4him
    cktb4him Posts: 56
    Options
    Oh! And the ricotta is great with chopped dates or warmed pears, honey, and walnuts! Delicious!
  • kattaw
    kattaw Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Toast with some sort of nut butter is and will forever be my favorite. I'll sometimes add sliced bananas or berries and just a little bit of honey if I have some extra time in the morning and won't be running out the door immediately.

Steel cut oats made with almond milk and mixed with a little bit of brown sugar and berries or other sliced fruit is delicious and super filling.

Aaaaand http://vegweb.com/recipes/brunch has a bunch of ideas.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Oh! And the ricotta is great with chopped dates or warmed pears, honey, and walnuts! Delicious!
    That made me drool!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Add in some veggies. I bet spinach and mushrooms would be delicious with ricotta. Oatmeal with Greek yogurt (if you'll eat dairy) and fruit is also really great.
  • HappyCamper5166
    Options
    I had a toasted everything bagel with half of a small very ripe avacado spread on it this morning.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I like Greek yogurt or a meal/protein shake with a banana or strawberries thrown in.
  • drjumpsuit
    drjumpsuit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly vegetarian (have added seafood back to my diet) and my favourite brekkies are:
    - natural yoghurt with muesli
    - avocado on toast with lemon juice and sometimes low fat feta
    - scrambled eggs in a wrap with baby spinach and tomato relish, though this would be awesome with ricotta instead of the eggs
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    i love fried sweet potato,dry fried mushrooms/or cooked in microwave in a bowl with nothing added as they cook in their own juice,tinned tomatoes and a poached egg or two.

porridge,for some reason i prefer plain but many don't.

anything can be breakfast really if its veg or fruit.

I often just have what ever i feel like including left over dinner.