Red pepper to taste
And might need a lil water for consistancy

Blen in food processor or blender until creamy

So what are you favs please share :)

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Oh also i accidently forgot the tahini this time it was still great :)
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I never have tahini in my house, so I make it without, or I grind some sesame seeds before adding the other ingredients
  • meeper123
    Options
    Yeah its great either way :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Just discovered Hummus and I can see easily how it could become an addiction, I could wipe out the whole tub and a bag of chips with no problem what so ever. I am copying your recipe to try to make it myself, Thanks for posting.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    :heart: Hummus
  • meeper123
    Options
    Np try it with some sweet peppers your taste buds will thank you it was blissful but i got a thing for veggies lol
  • pheasant5
    pheasant5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    YUM>......I've been using hummus in place of mayo/dressings on wraps for lunches at work. Thought the extra protein might help me with feeling full. Sometimes use on toast in the am for a quick breaky.
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    OMG I just got a spicy buffalo and pumpkin butter hummus today at the local farmers market! It's amazing! I didn't realize that you could really change the flavor THAT much! For only 39 calories, it's a win! I'm with ya, now!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm eating it right now as I read your post, actually. Hummus, celery, green beans, carrots, roast beef slices. Finger foods with dip. Yum.
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    My husband makes homemade hummus all of the time ... and I love it with sun-dried tomatoes! I call him the Hummus King ... I have never tasted any commercial hummus better. Anyway, I will stop bragging lol. There is always a slowcooker of chickpeas cooking ... always lol. We have a Ninja blender and it blends the chickpeas to a perfect consistency. Have you ever tried Baba Ganoush? It's another dip with tahini and that some recipes add chickpeas to, but the main ingredient is eggplant ... it is incredible also! I don't know which one is the best ... thankfully there is always an abundance of both around here :tongue:
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Ya gotta put some olive oil in it.
  • meeper123
    Options
    Oops yes there is extra olive oil in it thanks
  • scorpiogoddess
    Options
    I use cilantro and garlic in mine. Yummy.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    I love hummus, especially spread on crackerbread mmmmmmm
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    just a regular hummus recipe, but sub navy/cannellini/great northern beans instead of chickpeas. (this is what makes CPK's hummus)

btw, if you google CPK's hummus copycat recipe, you will find 1 that is spot on BUT it calls for 10 cloves of garlic....this is way way too much. makes a good garlic paste tho :P