Ice water

I changed what I was eating and completely gave up soft drinks just over a week ago. I drink between 6 - 8 glasses of water a day. I usually put a few ice cubes in each glass. Since I started this I am always freezing cold. No matter if it's day or night or how much clothesI wear I am always freezing. Has anybody else experienced this? Could it be because of the cold water?

Replies

• jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    I've seen several comments that people feel cold when they are losing weight. The water you are drinkng isn't the cause.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    yeah, i presume that drinking cold water could make you chilly just like drinking warm drinks can raise your body temperature. maybe try tea?
  • i'm with you on this! i have a bottle that carries 24 oz. i will sometimes drink it within 5 minutes to get my water intake in. then i'm FREEZING afterwards! this happens every single time.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Use a blanket, losing weight means that your body is taking your reserves (fat).
    When it goes to fast you will feel cold (feet first).

Remedy is a blanket or some extra food.

Marc
  • I seem to always be wrapped up in a blanket lol. Hopefully this will get better soon. Maybe I should try the tea...see if that helps
  • luvriden
    luvriden Posts: 52
    I read that you can loose over 100 calories by drinking ice cold water because it takes calories to warm the water back up to body temp. So everytime you drink ice water you are loosing calories :-) That being said...try drinking your water room temp. and you may not be so cold :-)

I also heard that for every 10 lbs. you loose it is like taking off 1 sweater. Not sure if this is true because I am still mostly always warm, but then exercise boosts your metabolism so that helps make you warmer.

Sooo...take your pick of theories :-)
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    I read that you can loose over 100 calories by drinking ice cold water because it takes calories to warm the water back up to body temp. So everytime you drink ice water you are loosing calories :-) That being said...try drinking your water room temp. and you may not be so cold :-)

Maybe over like, 6 months, you could burn an additional 100 cals drinking cold water. It would be a really minuet amount.