Nostalgia: what were your favorite toys when you were a kid?

Options
2»

Replies

• jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Micro machines, Legos and TMNT
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Micro machines, Legos and TMNT

Sounds like my toy closet too!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My hockey stick and puck
    Weebles haunted house
    little horses and a castle (at daycare)
    my little pony, hello kitty, strawberry shortcake, rainbow bright, sad sam

my sister (1 year younger than me) had the weeble's tree house. i thought that was kind of cool.

weeblestree.jpg

Yeah, I just played with the weebles haunted house when I was 5 and under. It made haunted sounds, too.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have most of the Jurassic Park/Lost World toys still in a box in my parents attic. Need to get those, clean them up and give them to my son. Oh with my toys, I would get logs and stuff from outside, bring them in and make like little terrariums for the dinos and play with them that way.

I also had some TMNT toys that had a ribbed pull thing that you stuck in their shell and pulled out and they talked.

Oh and my remote control 4-wheel monster truck. I drove that thing till it literally broke.

Yeah, I was not your typical girl growing up....>.> Yes I am straight, married and have a kid. LOL I just happen to really love all the actual COOL toys which were 99% boy toys.

Ohhhh and I was also Michelangelo for Halloween one year!! :D
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ku1emeWQST1qzsmejo1_500.jpg

Yea I am old but this was a Awesome toy.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I love nostalgia :happy:

Some of my favourites that I can still remember:

treasuretrolltreehouse.jpg

little-tikes-playhouse1.jpg

and

little-tikes-swirlin-sawdust-workshop-fisher-price-tool-bench_3508269.jpg

Good times :drinker:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I had She-Ra & horse figurines, lite brite, my little ponies, cabbage patch kids, trouble & uno were cool games, I tortured my barbies. Played tag, freeze tag, oijia, bloody Mary...

The Garbage Pail kids collector cards were the bees knees. I love the 80's!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The Garbage Pail kids collector cards were the bees knees. I love the 80's!

Yeah, we were really into those. And we collected Bazooka Joe comics (from the gum), so we could send away for spy gear, to spy on our neighbors to make sure they were not plotting to take over the world.
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had an older sister who often took my funner toys so on the whole I would have to say my very favorite toy was a plastic lifting spatula called spatula Bob. Spatula Bob had awesome adventures until one day he was mistaken for a common kitchen spatula and mistreated causing some melting to his spatula head. He was half-heartedly replaced by my father by a green spatula I named Spatula Sue. Spatula Bob had trust issues after his disfigurement so his relationship with Sue was tense and never evolved fully. They both retired to the utensil drawer and ultimately became inanimate.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I was a child in the 50's. I don't remember any" toys" from my childhood, at all. I remember playing in the creek, catching snakes, toads, frogs, butterflies, once a muskrat, swinging on a rope over a creek or from the hayloft, riding my bike or my pony, building a fort in the woods, playing with and caring for the ducks, geese, peafowl and pheasants that my dad raised, flying a kite with my dad, and going hunting with my dad.. I had cousins who wore dresses and played with dolls. I always thought that was such a waste of time.....I've never played with a doll in my life, or wanted to.
  • remaines
    remaines Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I gotta say my Lite Brite!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Lincoln Logs.
  • Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    I remember a lot of these toys. This way my favourite Barbie
    D2N_Barbie2.jpg[\img]
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    T2eC16FHJIkE9qU3iLjBRYhPQznLg60_1_zpsc4b815a5.jpg
    JMsilverknightMIBA_lg_zps82a98aa3.jpeg
    these were the size of a gi joe doll 12 inches and there were horses and all those cool accessories!!
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    *Nickelodeon's Gak and Floam
    *Silly Putty
    *Tickle-Me Elmo (it was my baby sister's but it was cute)
    *Polly Pocket
    *Koosh Balls
    *Troll Dolls
    *Pogs
    *Play-Doh
    *K'Nex
    *Hot Wheels

Wow I sound spoiled lol!
  • GasnotGas
    GasnotGas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If memory serves me correctly

Toy solders
    asterix and obelix figures and books.
    Dinosaurs.

Then a little later my BMX bike and zx spectrum were a big part of my childhood, I still have some of the scars.

(From the BMX bike, not the zx spectrum)