Am I really doing this.....

Options
So, it's me Urs and I think I'm really giving it a try. In my head I figure that some sort of accountability has to help right?

At any rate. I'm here and ready to learn, lean, work, support and anything else appropriate.

Whew....My name is Urs, I'm 5'4 and 295.5 lbs. (((applause))) not for the weight but because I said it...out loud and virtually to the world!!!

Replies

• Isa1816
    Isa1816 Posts: 6
    Options
    I applaud you as well for taking a step in the right direction!
  • umh007
    umh007 Posts: 33
    Options
    thank you thank you very much
  • antsyonisland
    antsyonisland Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just joined myself and this seems to be a pretty cool place to 'account' for everything and celebrate our successes! I am trying to keep the "I didn't gain the weight overnight, so why should I think I could lose it overnight" mantra in my head.

Take care!
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and was where you are last year. You can do, I am.
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome - you're at the right place!!!
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    u wont be that weight for long hun....so say ur goodbyes
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello dear! I am 5'3 and I weigh 317.4 as of a few hours ago! I started at 338 about 3 months ago. Feel free to add me! And congrats!!
  • SusanCanBeThin
    SusanCanBeThin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Urs and congratulations for boldly stating your current stats! I wish you great success!
  • mamabearconrey
    Options
    Good job! Getting started is one of the toughest parts. Just remember, the brain wants to quit before the body does.. so don't give in to the "I can't do this, this happens for everyone else but me, I'm too old, my body isn't going to do what it should" lies. Once you can train the mind that you are going to do this, then nothing will stop you. It took me 4 years to get that brain in the right setting...but now I'm finally doing it and couldn't be more excited.

You can do this!! I have so many tips if you need any, I was an avid soda sucking sweets eating junkie!
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good for you taking charge to make a change. There is lots of support here, good friends to help along the way. You will have great days and tough ones too but overall as you make progress you're going to love how the changes make you feel.

Good luck on your journey and just ask away if you need help and support :drinker:
  • umh007
    Options
    Thank you sister....we didn't....but we can and we will get rid of it over time!
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Heidi, feel free to add me for support! I have good and bad days (aiming at more good by far of course! ;) ) This is a journey best taken with others who know what we are going through, welcome! :)
  • umh007
    Options
    What !?!!! girl that is awesomely motivating. Keep it up and thank you so much for being kind enough to share with me.
  • umh007
    Options
    Thank you and what a cutie puppy!
  • tlynnest
    tlynnest Posts: 112
    Options
    Welcome! And yes we can do this! My favorites..."Trying IS DOING IT!" and " Just do it...the time will pass anyway" :drinker:
  • umh007
    Options
    Thank you and good Idea....I think I'll start researching different ways to say goodbye... Adios...what language is that lol
  • Isa1816
    Isa1816 Posts: 6
    Options
    You got it! We are all here for the common goal to be better, healthier versions of ourselves... Definitely feel free to add me!:happy:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great tool to help you lose....and there are lots of nice people that hang out here.
  • umh007
    Options
    Thanks friend....I'm finding that the more I find women closer to my height and weight DOING it that I CAN TOO....
  • umh007
    Options
    Thank you so much being looking for that invite friend :smile: