Trying to lose weight, hoping to get pregnant

Options
Hey! I've been trying to get pregnant for 2 1/2 years. The doctors say there is absolutely nothing wrong with my husband and I and there is no reason why we shouldn't be pregnant yet.
I have two cousins who were over weight, like myself, lost some weight and were able to get pregnant very soon after. So that's where I am. Trying my hardest to lose this extra weight in order to start my family.

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I've heard this as well. Hope losing the weight works for you so you can start a family! Good luck!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Trying to get pregnant is going to be a great motivator to consistenly work out , eat better and drop some of those pounds!! ! :smile:
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I hope you can start your family soon!
  • AmberMcDowell
    Options
    Good luck! Me and my husband have been trying for 3 years. I have PCOS and cant seem to lose the weight no matter what I do. Hopefully I will find the answer soon. I hope the weight loss is just what you need :)
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have not been "trying" to get pregnant but I have had unprotected sex with my husband for 3 years now and still no pregnancy. My Ob/GYN said that it is because I am overweight. She explained to me that fat cells produce estrogen, and the bigger the cells are the more estrogen they produce, effectively making your body think that you're ALREADY pregnant and making it unable to ovulate as usual. I have the same prospects as you - I'd like to have a child sometime in the future and being on this weight loss journey as suggested by my physician, I am hoping for the same. Good luck!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • rmwilliams0519
    Options
    My husband and I are trying the same thing right now. Just last night I had a good cry becuase I feel my weight loss is going slow and I'm just getting sad. Found out this week my youngest sister is pregnant and so is my boss.

I've even been doing tests to see when I ovulate (man does that make sex no fun).......

I hope things work out for you.

:flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were in the same boat three years ago... I'm almost at my goal, and then will be ready to try again! You can do it! Keep babies on your mind, that's what did it for me...

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are trying the same thing right now. Just last night I had a good cry becuase I feel my weight loss is going slow and I'm just getting sad. Found out this week my youngest sister is pregnant and so is my boss.

I hope things work out for you.

:flowerforyou:

Aw... I feel for you. It's hard. You want to be happy for them, but at the same time it breaks your heart. Stay strong!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I am getting healthier and am losing weight so that I too may have a child in the next few years. I want to be strong!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I lost about 16 lbs and FINALLY after three years of trying got pregnant. It's so worth it but don't gain a zillion pounds like I did while your pregnant...too hard to get off afterwards.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    My doctor wasn't nearly as nice when I was told... He bluntly said, " Amy, you are too fat to have kids, so don't expect to be pregnant anytime soon!" Ugh!! The nerve!! That day always sticks around in my mind. I've seen plenty of over weight women pregnant, so why couldn't I?! Well, hubby and I married Oct 08 and have been 'not trying' but trying (lol) and still nothing. So I finally decided maybe the jerk was right. So I'm on a similar page as many of you. It's not my complete goal, as I really want to be healthier, but it is one of my 'secret' (not so secret now, haha) reasons. Good luck to everyone here and hopefully we'll see a new 'I'm pregnant' thread and we'll all meet up again! Best Wishes!! Bru
  • rmwilliams0519
    Options
    Yeah, not to bash my sisters or anything but they have always been heavy (they are actually my step sisters but we have always been so close) anyway, they all have like 2 and 3 kids with no problems what so ever.......

i am really happy for my youngest sister though I love having a large family

well i just keep reminding myself everything happens for a reason
  • krockwell
    krockwell Posts: 34
    Options
    I too was in this class... I had lost 3 babies, and I figured it was because of my weight.. I ended up going on fertility drugs in order to have my son.
    BUT Now that he's here, I want to have enough energy to play with him like a mommy should! SO I've started trying to lose weight as well! Not to mention, my OH and I are planning on having more then just our son, so this is a HUGE motivation for me wanting to have my babies closer together! :)

Best of luck with your journey!
    You can do it!!! :)
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Even losing a little weight can help alot. We had 3 losses in a year and decided to wait a while or give up entirely cause I was a wreck. So, figured I would lose some weight right... Lost about 17 pounds and bam, I was pregnant and that's the one that kept. He's my little miracle baby~ only gained 24 pounds with him, even with gestational diabetes, and only 5 hours of labor! Once you successfully conceive, definitely keep up the healthy eating and exercise.

Best of luck to you and may it all be worth it, every single day.
  • doodlbug
    doodlbug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is a big part of why I am trying to lose weight. I want to have fit pregnancy, and I want to be in prime shape for TTC. When I run on the treadmill I often think of it as "running towards my future baby." Cheesy, but it can be pretty motivating.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I wish you all luck on your mommy journey!
  • rmwilliams0519
    Options
    I am so happy to see all the posts on this subject. This has really helped me get my spirits up today. Thank you all for sharing, this subject can be really difficult.
  • robynwoods
    Options
    You guys are all so sweet! Thank you for all the motivation and similar stories. It's really great to know I'm not alone
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I feel for you! I have had friends who have had trouble conceiving, for different reasons. Good news is they all have conceived and some had their babies since then. I already have a baby, but would like to lose this extra weight before we try for another. I don't want to have it keep coming without getting some off first. Good luck to you!!!