30 Day Shred Question!

Options
I'm looking for anyone who has started and completed the 30 Day Shred, Level 1.
2 questions:

1) Did you workout for 30 Days straight, or did you take breaks in between days? (Like a day or no more than 2 days between workouts)

2) Do you have before and after pics of your success after watching your diet AND doing the 30 Day Shred?

Thank you in advance, MFP Peeps!

Replies

• badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 5. I have lost two inches from my waist, an inch from my thighs, and two pounds so far.

I am taking rest days. However, rest days just mean not doing the 30DS - today I did a 50 minute kettle bell work out, and tomorrow I will be doing yoga, and I am making sure to get a good amount of sleep.

My diary is open, so you can look at what I have been eating.
  • mick8703
    mick8703 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30 DS. I noticed a marked difference. Before & after week 1 can be seen on my profile(FR me if you cant see them). I havent done measurements or taken pics yet since finishing. I did each level for 10 straight days then took a day off between levels. Im starting Ripped in 30 today.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30 Day Shred, but it took me longer than 30 days because I get bored easily and decided to break it up with other workouts. Even so, it's a great exercise program. I have since bought a few other Jillian DVD's (Yoga Meltdown, Ripped in 30, Shred it with Weights, Extreme Shed and Shred), and they have all made a huge difference in my level of fitness. I just rotate through them depending on my mood. I've lost 25 pounds since January.
  • tyranelson
    tyranelson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Very helpful! Thank you so much...I will take a look at your diary. I am always looking for new ideas for meals!
  • tyranelson
    Options
    Mick: 10 days in a row, huh? I'm guessing it got easier each day?
  • tyranelson
    Options
    Please keep commenting! This is so helpful!
  • KristiCastro27
    KristiCastro27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I used to do 30 Day Shred every other day, usually M, W, F and did some kind of cardio or other workout in between. I have a ways to go, but right before I got married a few years back, I did the 30 Day Shred and was running and honestly my arms have never been that toned! :) Good luck to you!
  • Mrsjaybob
    Mrsjaybob Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred on March 9th and completed it on April 7th. I did each level for ten consecutive days. I did not take any rest days. I lost 6 pounds. Will be doing measurements here soon as well as after pics.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im on level 2 day 10 of 30 day shred and love it. It does get easier as you go and you feel yourself getting stronger. Im currently a full time student so between doing clinical rotations, school work and a having a 5 yr old i dont have time to do it everyday. I have 2 off days a week because i just cant fit it in my schedule but after an off day ill do my 30 day shred level and 30-40 mins of turbo jam. Havent lost alot of weight but have lost inches! Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm starting level 3 tomorrow, and trust me...it gets easier. On level 1 day 1 I was able to do maybe 30-40% of the workout, within 5 days I was able to do 80-90%. I am taking a rest day at the end of each level. I loved level 2, I found it really made me sweat but I enjoyed the exercises. I've lost 2lbs so far with notable difference in how my clothes fit.
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes I did level 1 for the full ten days without a day off and then level 2 for 4 days and took 3 days off then continued on with level 2 and 3..I dont have pics but i measured and lost 3 inches in my waist , 2 in my hips 2 inches off each leg and 1 inch off of each arm.
    Its a great workout..its OK to take the odd day off..but try not to take too many
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I did it for 30 days straight--didn't take any before/after pics, sorry. Week 1 I did level 1 Week 2-2 Week 3-3 and on week 4 I did the entire work out daily for the full length
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS about a year ago. I took one rest day per level, randomly when I felt like I needed it. I don't have any before/after pics, but I was definitely pleased with the results and felt much stronger! Each level feels like murder for the first few days, but they get easier. Also, if I remember correctly, I think I liked each level a little bit more than the previous.

There's a thread that has tons of people's results/pics:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253907-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread
  • BellaFiercest
    Options
    What is 30 day shred?
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS for 30 days. No breaks. I probably should have though. I think my pictures are still on my profile. I noticed a HUGE difference.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I didn't plan on taking rest days but I ended up taking 1 about every 10 days. I'd do 10 days on a level, then there would be a weekend or a holiday and I'd take a day off before starting the next one.
    I don't have any pictures. I did it the summer before last and them immediately did Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 Pack. Then I broke my tailbone on the last day of 6W6P and had to take some time off. Last spring I started a combo program of 4-5 JM DVDs. By the end of summer they weren't hard enough so I added a few P90X workouts. And in the fall I took a "before" picture and started Insanity. I'm on round 2 now and I think I'll be ready for my "after" picture in about 5 weeks.
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    In working progress - Im on day 7 level 2.....I had a rest day after day2 or 3 my legs killed me but in a good way lol then I was back on it then I rested again in that same week. The first week was hard but I havent done full on cardio/strength like that for a longtime.
    I kept it up everyday & 3rd rest today. My 2nd measurement on Monday 8th April - I have losted 25.9cm total i.e chest,bust,waist,arms,hips & thighs :) I forgot to do a before shot but it shows in my clothes & have had a few postive comments already :) Its working for me & Im loving it :)
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Everyone is different on the 30day shred. Some will go 10days before resting, some will take 2days a week to rest, etc. Its really up to you. If your determind enough you'll push through as hard as you can. But always listen to your body first. I get bored easy so I don't follow the plan, I just do it whenever I want and I still so results quick.
  • tyranelson
    Options
    So...how is it going now? I am on day 3 level 1...no rest day. I have called Jillian a b*itch about 30 times! I plan to do 10 straight. This time, I will not let the pain stop me!
  • tyranelson
    Options
    So...results?