ALL diet plans work..........................

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
IF you follow them in detail, exercise the way they ask, and be consistent. That's not the problem though.

The problem is getting off their diet and trying to maintain your success while not being on it. The numbers don't lie and approximately 90% of people who took on a diet plan failed to maintain once they reached goal. Trust when I tell you that the creators of this plan hope you fail after reaching goal...............................because they want you back.

So where's the hope? Doing a diet plan that you can do for life. And there's really no better way to do this than to just be in control of your calorie intake.

Do macros and micros count? Yep. So make sure you get in correct amount you feel comfortable with.

Does exercise count? Yep. Keeping muscle conditioned (including the heart) and active helps with health and overall life.

Does happiness count? Yep. Kinda hard to follow a plan that always makes you a negative Nellie about everything.

Does this plan work with everyone? Yes and no. For the general public who don't have health issues to begin with, yes. Those who need some medical assistance or can't stand the simplicity of it, no.

Carry on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• Nidda_C
    Nidda_C Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with this. Just the other day my aunt came over to our house and told me eating 1300 calories was too much O____O. I should eat 800 instead =___= And to do this I should start the 'cabbage soup diet'.

I told her..........no you have to bring balance into your life that is long lasting. This means that the calories you burn have to be MORE than the calories you consume, regardless of how much you eat or the quality of the food.

Well lol she just shrugged off my opinions so what can I do :/

I am just going to continue with my own 'changed' eating habits and exercise. If I stop losing weight that means I need to make changes. But right now I am eating ~1300 calories and walking at 2.5 mph when I am not super busy. On Tuesday, its my last day of school, so I am planning to eat a Big Mac too X___x but now I KNOW that in order to eat one of those burgers I have to extremely restrict what I eat in the morning and evening.

When I stop losing weight for a week doing what I am doing I will make my exercise more intense, or restrict my calories further.

*sighs* It's just really hard arguing with people who do extreme diet plans. They don't know that they will just end up damaging their bodies.....and GAINING it all back.

/end of rant
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with this. Just the other day my aunt came over to our house and told me eating 1300 calories was too much O____O. I should eat 800 instead =___= And to do this I should start the 'cabbage soup diet'.

I told her..........no you have to bring balance into your life that is long lasting. This means that the calories you burn have to be MORE than the calories you consume, regardless of how much you eat or the quality of the food.

I am just going to continue with my own 'changed' eating habits and exercise. If I stop losing weight that means I need to make changes. But right now I am eating ~1300 calories and walking at 2.5 mph when I am not super busy. On Tuesday, its my last day of school, so I am planning to eat a Big Mac too X___x but now I KNOW that in order to eat one of those burgers I have to extremely restrict what I eat in the morning and evening.

When I stop losing weight for a week doing what I am doing I will make my exercise more intense, or restrict my calories further.

*sighs* It's just really hard arguing with people who do extreme diet plans. They don't know that they will just end up damaging their bodies.....and GAINING it all back.

/end of rant

Please don't restrict calories further, or exercise more on your current calories. If anything, if your weight stalls, I would up your calories.
  • Nidda_C
    Nidda_C Posts: 81 Member
    Options

/end of rant

Please don't restrict calories further, or exercise more on your current calories. If anything, if your weight stalls, I would up your calories.

I probably won't restrict calories further. I think I am one of those weird people who feels full with even the amount of calories I am eating now some days O____o. So I don't feel deprived. I also listen to my body......so when I am still hungry even after having drunk a glass of water.......I will eat healthy snacks. I will probably up the intensity of my exercises (aka running or doing the stairs a few times + walking).
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    IF you follow them in detail, exercise the way they ask, and be consistent. That's not the problem though.

The problem is getting off their diet and trying to maintain your success while not being on it. The numbers don't lie and approximately 90% of people who took on a diet plan failed to maintain once they reached goal. Trust when I tell you that the creators of this plan hope you fail after reaching goal...............................because they want you back.

So where's the hope? Doing a diet plan that you can do for life. And there's really no better way to do this than to just be in control of your calorie intake.

Do macros and micros count? Yep. So make sure you get in correct amount you feel comfortable with.

Does exercise count? Yep. Keeping muscle conditioned (including the heart) and active helps with health and overall life.

Does happiness count? Yep. Kinda hard to follow a plan that always makes you a negative Nellie about everything.

Does this plan work with everyone? Yes and no. For the general public who don't have health issues to begin with, yes. Those who need some medical assistance or can't stand the simplicity of it, no.

Carry on.

IDEA Fitness member
    I love the simplicity of this. Ever since I stopped "dieting" and and adopted a "lifestyle change", I have begun to understand what you are talking about. I no longer stress if I have a high calorie day or eat too much sodium or do get not enough protein, too much fat etc. I don't try and eat perfectly clean everyday. I try and exercise everyday, but don't stress if I don't get to the gym. I try and have 1000 calorie deficit everyday, but don't stress if I don't meet that. And I'm losing more weight than ever before. The simplicity of maintaining a consistent average weekly deficit (with exercise and food choices that you enjoy) is far more sustainable than any of those fad diets out there.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    True. If you're careful when coming off, you can likely maintain any weight loss even with extremely drastic diets.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    True. If you're careful when coming off, you can likely maintain any weight loss even with extremely drastic diets.
    You can with any diet, but noticed I never mentioned anything about whether or not some diets are safe or not. I just stated that whatever diet (be it fad or extreme) is followed, then the plan should work.

IDEA Fitness member
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You can with any diet, but noticed I never mentioned anything about whether or not some diets are safe or not. I just stated that whatever diet (be it fad or extreme) is followed, then the plan should work.

IDEA Fitness member
    Yea, I get that. I guess I'm just hinting towards the people who do paid programs because they relieve that they're "healthier". A read a few studies that showed that the faster you get the weight off, the more likely you are to keep it off. Sorry I'm off topic.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    My macros allow me to have pancakes and bacon.

I ain't giving that up.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

I ain't giving that up.
    I wouldn't either!

IDEA Fitness member
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

I ain't giving that up.

No one should ever have to <3
  • JezziedotM
    JezziedotM Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    a negative Nellie

Love this :smile:

I've always said a negative Nancy, but negative Nellie is far better!

*end off topic comment*
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I ain't giving that up.

i had a mountain of pasta covered in cheese on saturday.... sooooooo good and within my macros!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    So I can't eat a whole birthday cake everyday?
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It's true that it's harder to maintain than to diet.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I so agree with this! I used to get frustrated with people telling me about how you have to starve like crazy to lose weight or not eat past 5pm or all that crap... Now I just ignore and not say anything because they are so doubtful about stuff I say and that just irritates me haha. If they don't wanna learn, why should I waste my breath and get pissed? :)
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    And the proof is always in the end result. So if people are giving you grief, you just have to say 'well it's working for me!' and that's them politely told to butt out!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I just don't talk about my weight loss strategy to people any more. I could be losing weight at a steady rate, eating healthy food with the occasional treat and people will baulk at the fact that I control my calorie intake.

Honestly, I know how to lose weigh so when I want to, I do. I don't need to convince others that this is the way to do it. I just do what I need to do and let other people sort their own lives out.

Even when people come to me for advice the most I will do is tell them what I do. That's it. I won't argue with them about carbs or 'yoyo' diets or how squatting below parallel is good or bad or what ever.

I just don't care any more. Just ... do what you want. I know what work for ME. I know it's healthy and that's all that matters to me.

It sounds negative, I know, and I'm sorry. I don't mean to be negative. It's just not really my job to fix other people. I'll fix myself and if someone wants to hear my methods then I'll tell them. I just won't let anyone argue with me about how I live my life.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I just won't let anyone argue with me about how I live my life.
    When they do that with me, I just pull my shirt up and give them a chest and bicep flex. Usually the argument is over then.

IDEA Fitness member
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    yep....gotta be a lifestyle change....Ive lost the same 50 lbs several times and by using several different "diets". This time its slow and lifestyle. I don't want them back....EVER!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    agreed.