Bread.... How much should I have a day??

Options
Hello, I only eat Orowheat Healthful 10 grain bread, but it seems like its the main thing I eat. I know bread isnt that god for you, but I have one slice for breakfast, and two more later for lunch (sandwich) . Does anyone have any advice on weather eating 3 slices EVERY day is good or not for my weight loss goal? Thanks !!

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    if you are within your calories and macros, eat as much as you want.
  • EstyPorter
    EstyPorter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Haha that simple huh . Thanks!

(I just felt that I was eating too much bread)
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I agree if its in your calorie goal,then go right ahead.

It's probably worth mentioning 2 things I have learnt though. If I eat natural proteins I don't get as hungry and am more likely to continue on a calorie deficit. When I was really fat I ate lots of carbs and I was really tired all the time. After a carb loaded meal I would often start yawning and wanted to curl up in front of tv. What came first the chicken or the egg I don't know but these 2 things are very strong facts in my life.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    There are no "evil" foods. Hit your calorie and macros eating whatever you want.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    IIFIYM then eat as much as you want....
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    If it feels good, and you are under your calories then do it. Many people find they feel better when they don't eat wheat or grain products but for other people it doesn't seem to matter.. For ME that would be WAY too much bread. I can't have any wheat at all and I try to stay away from most other cereal grains most of the time also.... But every body is different and you need to listen to your OWN body. If your body is happy with the bread and you're good with calories, then enjoy the bread. If you suspect that the bread is in some way harming you, then give it up for a month and see if you feel an improvement in your health.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 6-8 slices a day and have lost a few pounds.... If it fits into your caloric intake and you have no health issues that would cause any problems in consuming it than by all means enjoy..... Best of Luck
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to contribute to the good points the folks above me made. Just pay attention to what your body says to you. I finally decided that breads just weren't working out for me. If I eat bread or pasta, I get hungry again too quickly. If I stick with proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, etc...a meal sticks with me much longer.

If it is working for you, keep doing it. If it no longer works, make a different choice. :) Experiment!
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Three slices of bread doesn't sound unreasonable, especially since it's multigrain and not white bread made with bleached flour, etc. Enjoy!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 6-8 slices a day and have lost a few pounds.... If it fits into your caloric intake and you have no health issues that would cause any problems in consuming it than by all means enjoy..... Best of Luck

Just a few pounds huh?

:tongue:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Just a few pounds huh?

:tongue:

Just a couple......:drinker: