Orange Juice ? Should I drink it or not?

Options
I was wondering if orange juice like tropicana, minute maid, etc, from any grocery store is something i should incorporate into my everyday weight loss diet. On the nutrition facts it says it has ALOT of sugar, and I know sugur is not good..but th vitamin C is needed, Will it slow down my weight loss if I drink it every day? Thanks!

Replies

• magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    As long as you still meet your calorie goal, it's fine. If you're only in it for the vit c, you might as well just eat a whole orange so you get fibre too. If you're planning on drinking some calories, I'd personally choose 1%milk over orange juice from a nutrition stand point. :)
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    As long as you still meet your calorie goal, it's fine. If you're only in it for the vit c, you might as well just eat a whole orange so you get fibre too. If you're planning on drinking some calories, I'd personally choose 1%milk over orange juice from a nutrition stand point. :)
    this plus the orange is half the calories of just 8 ozs of juice
  • EstyPorter
    EstyPorter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    oh ok yeah eating an orange would be better.. Im just worried about if I drink it, my sugar count is going to go way over. I know fruit sugars are good so it doesnt matter, but does that still apply with orange juice? Is it the same sugars a s natural fruit or is it the processed kind? :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Those are tasty and I drink them on occassion. However I found recently I love having fresh squeezed orange juice right from the orange to my cup. It takes about 3 oranges for about 8 oz of juice. Takes maybe 5 minutes of my morning and the flavor is so much better. Often I will take the ce add some mango or berries and make it into a quick smoothie.
  • tasochia
    tasochia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make ALL juice your self! It is much better for you if you make it yourself and it will help your diet out alot.
  • EstyPorter
    Options
    to >>>(PU 239)
    thanks anyways but if your going to be rude dont reply to my posts. im posting to ask questions i dont know about so be supportive and not a smartass
  • EstyPorter
    Options
    thank you eve ! im going to start squeezing my own juice
  • EstyPorter
    Options
    to >>>(PU 239)
    thanks anyways but if your going to be rude dont reply to my posts. im posting to ask questions i dont know about so be supportive and not a smartass

I am not being a smart *kitten*. You already got the answer on another topic you made.

What did we tell you? "Focus on your calories"

you come here and ask the same question but a different food.

The answer is the same, "focus on your calories" you didn't get it the first time, so i had to be more direct, hopefully you would understand it now.

I wasn't rude.

Ok, I understand. Its just that I was worried about the sugar count in the orange juice exceeding my daily goal. I figured it out already . thanks for the help
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I would not you would be better off eating an orange than drinking the juice that has all those additives in it
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Tropicana orange juice is my favourite. I do drink it on occasion, and when I choose not to it is because drinking my calories does not make me feel less hungry. Still I like having it sometimes. My rule when it comes to juice is: it has to have 100% Vitamin C or else I will not drink it and I make sure to only have one measured serving at a time (it is soooo easy to consume 2 or 3 servings at once).
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    It all depends on your goal!

If you are trying to limit your carbs and sugar in general then no don't drink it.
    If you are just trying to hit a certain calorie goal, them feel free to eat whatever you want.

I would opt for real fruit/less processed foods in general... But that's just me!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    do you like it?

if you like it, then have it. but if you don't like it, then i'd suggest avoidance.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I personally start my day off with juice everyday! I love it. As long as it fits into your calorie goal it should be fine.

Freshly squeezed does sound good btw. I may have to try that
  • EstyPorter
    Options
    I personally start my day off with juice everyday! I love it. As long as it fits into your calorie goal it should be fine.

Freshly squeezed does sound good btw. I may have to try that

Yes!! Its very good, I just tried it with 2 oranges. It tastes just the same, only without all the processed and extra sugar regular OJ has in it.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer not to drink my cals especially from sugary juices. But if you really like it then have it just keep to your cal goal.