crock pot cassaroll dishes wanted

Options
SANDRA_F26
SANDRA_F26 Posts: 180
I have a Work pot luck coming up with the cassarol theme, and im looking for some ideas on what to bring I wanna bring kind of alot so ill be making my dish in a crock pot. Reciepies do not have to be super low cal friendly just any ideas mayb what you would bring would be great.
Thank you for your time!

Replies

• MommyonAmissontoHealth13
    Options
    * watching*
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe for crock pot lasagna

1 large jar of spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup water, 1 box lasagna noodles, 1 16 oz container cottage cheese, 1 egg, 2 cups shredded mozzarella and Italian seasoning.

in a small bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, egg and about 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning. Set aside. In another bowl combine water and sauce. It will be soupy but that's okay, you need it to be. Add about 1/3 cup sauce mix to bottom of crock pot, break noodles to fit the pot. (You can even break them into small pieces if you like.) and layer the sauce. Layer about 1/4 of the cheese mixture and then cover with shredded mozzarella. Then you just repeat layers like a regular lasagna but end with sauce and not the cheese. Cover and turn on low for about 6 to 8 hours. It tastes just like the oven baked only much simpler.
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Gotta try the crock pot lasagne. Maybe I will try it with sliced eggplant to make it lower cal. Thanks for the thread.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    CASSEROLE
  • tracibrumley
    Options
    I love crockpot recipes!! Would love to get some low cal ones...these are some I fix when a crowd is coming over!

Spicy pulled pork
    3-4 pound pork loin
    1/2 can chipotle in Adobo sauce (more if u like it really hot)
    1 can Dr. Pepper (I have used diet & regular same results)

Put all in crockpot cook 6-8 hrs on low then pull apart with forks and turn to high for 2 hours. Could probably cook for 5 hours or so on high. The longer u cook the more tender it will be. I usually put it on low while at work then up to high while at church...good Wednesday night meal. We always have company for dinner after church. Serve on warmed hamburger buns with BBQ sauce.

creamy Italian chicken
    6-8 boneless skinless chicken breast (I use frozen)
    1-8oz pkg cream cheese (cut up)
    1/2 stick butter (cut up)
    1 pkg dry Italian salad dressing mix
    Put all in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours serve over brown rice
  • dianatogo
    dianatogo Posts: 37
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken dip isn't bad for calories and can be made using low-cal ingredients from the orginal recipe. Orginal recipe is on Frank's Red Hot Sauce web site but the basic recipe (going from memory here) is cooked, shredded chicken breast, Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing and mozz cheese. Good luck! You can use the ranch dressing mix instead of bottled ranch to help control cals.
  • dianatogo
    dianatogo Posts: 37
    Options
    Here's a recipe for crock pot lasagna

1 large jar of spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup water, 1 box lasagna noodles, 1 16 oz container cottage cheese, 1 egg, 2 cups shredded mozzarella and Italian seasoning.

in a small bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, egg and about 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning. Set aside. In another bowl combine water and sauce. It will be soupy but that's okay, you need it to be. Add about 1/3 cup sauce mix to bottom of crock pot, break noodles to fit the pot. (You can even break them into small pieces if you like.) and layer the sauce. Layer about 1/4 of the cheese mixture and then cover with shredded mozzarella. Then you just repeat layers like a regular lasagna but end with sauce and not the cheese. Cover and turn on low for about 6 to 8 hours. It tastes just like the oven baked only much simpler.

I have a recipe for lasagna that calls for thin-slioced squash (zucchini) in place of noodles. Wonder how that would be instead of the pasta in this recipe?
  • NickFiedlerswife
    Options
    Yummy
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it would make a good pot luck supper, but I love to make chicken adobo in my crockpot. In crock pot put 1 small can green chiles, 3 chicken breasts and 1/2 cup water. Cook till done (low 4-6, high 2-3). Then put in blender 1 can tomatoes, 1 bunch cilantro, 1 tsp. red pepper flake. Shred chicken and add sauce to chicken in crock pot for 1 hour, uncovered. Serve on corn tortillas with black beans, sour cream or whatever extras. Healthy and so delish!