Zombies, Run! fans!

Options
Anybody love the Zombies, Run app as much as I do? I'm currently in the 5th week of the beginner 5k training. Can't wait to start doing missions!

Replies

• oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just started week 1 day 1 yesterday. I tried the c25k a couple of years ago and could finish the first day, so I never tried again. I heard about Zombies, Run! and I love it. I was able to do the whole course yesterday without any issues. I'm looking foward to day 2.
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love how the story is developing and everyone's British accents. :)
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    I am doing the C25K right now (week 3), but as soon as I am done I am going to try the zombie app. I have to practive for the run 4 your lives 5k obstacle course at the end of July. This is the app that has you take off in sprinting spurts, right?
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I also tried Zombies Run for the first time yesterday. Coincidentally, the training course I was already in progress with called for 20 minutes of walk 2 minutes/run 3 minutes, which corresponded really nicely with the story/music split of RZ. When the first run started, and the radio operator said, "Run. Run!" I took off in a sprint, cut into a former retail nursery place (currently unoccupied), and started running cross-country on the overgrown gravel roads. It was a blast! The most fun running set I've ever done. I made it to base. You can walk/run at the pace that you want I think, but some good pounding music and the story keep you motivated to push a little harder.
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 5k training right now which teaches you how to run so you can do the missions but I believe the format is the same as in they are run spurts.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in getting this for myself, but I've heard you have to use it with music, and I don't care for running with tunes. Is that necessary, or will it work without?
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Just did week 2 day 2. I ate junk last night and could feel it, but I still completed it. Felt great
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Zombies, Run 5k training app along with my regular C25k app. Fun so far, but can't wait to get to the missions :)
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    something i might look in to. thanks.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    what about run for your lives?
  • lc9042
    lc9042 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A question for those who have the Zombies Run 5K training, is there a way to skip weeks? I bought the app but I'm currently doing c25k (week 4) and don't want to have to start from week 1 on the zombies 5k. Does anyone know? I guess I could just play each week/day to catch up to where I am but I thought there might be an easier way to skip past the weeks I can already do.
  • Yvee1
    Yvee1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @majope I have done it with out music, not by choice. When I created a playlist, I used the wrong music app and it only played one song and then nothing after that....I only heard lady who only chimed in to tell me when to run and bits and pieces of story. TOO quiet for me lol.. Hope that helps!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    @majope I have done it with out music, not by choice. When I created a playlist, I used the wrong music app and it only played one song and then nothing after that....I only heard lady who only chimed in to tell me when to run and bits and pieces of story. TOO quiet for me lol.. Hope that helps!
    Thanks! It gives me something to try.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I loved my Zombie app.. got side tracked and never got past week 3.. Doing Insanity now so maybe after this I will try and restart it..
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this, but I might try it with my kids sometime. I showed my son a review of it, and he thought it was so cool and has asked to do it since then. (he's 9)