New to site, and new to loosing weight.

Options
I was pretty skinny before my son, and I started packing on weight and that was a long time ago. I started recently doing it hard core, but between when I original started to loose weight was January, I lost about 5 - 6 pounds. I just want to know if there is a better way to manage calories. I have a food scale and I'm under calories all the time, but I still feel it's not enough.

My problem is I want to loose weight, but my son and husband aren't to bad, so the food I buy has to be good for them, and healthy for me so is there any suggestion of dinner, lunch idea's? You can also look to see what I'm eating and make suggestions?

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, you can eat just about anything and still lose weight healthily - it becomes a question of portion control and to a lesser extent macronutrient balance. Please have a look at this post for some very simple help: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Basically what the second poster said, you can eat really anything but change little things that add a lot of calories. Like low fat, low sodium, fewer calorie condiments. Wheat instead of white bread, water and diet cokes instead of sodas. Apparently diet soda is still bad but I still drink it ^^ I've leaned to go from eating out every single day and taking in large amounts of calories in one meal. To making stuff at home for 1/4 the calories at a restaurant. Check out the recipes thread, there is a lot of great stuff there!
  • eagertoloseweight1
    Options
    I need to lose weight and get a flat stomach, how do I do that fast?
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I need to lose weight and get a flat stomach, how do I do that fast?

Eat less, exercise more, strength train.
  • eagertoloseweight1
    Options
    I do the elliptical for an hour every day, eat healthy and no junk food
  • Love the comment! :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Look into a heavy lifting program. Stronglifts and Starting Strength are both pretty popular. Follow the link Burt posted above.

Also, my experience has been that it's best not to think in terms of "fast" but in terms of "permanent." Realize that your health is not an event, it's a process. It's ok if it takes some time, because that means you're developing the habits that will make your changes stick long-term.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I do the elliptical for an hour every day, eat healthy and no junk food

Keep in mind that if you eat too much healthy food you still won't lose weight. Yes, eat healthy, but make sure you control your calorie intake. And, as Angel said above, strength train. This will help you maintain what muscle you do have so you look good when you lose the weight you want.