Looking for exercise buddies.

Options
Hey everyone. I'm new to the site. My old trainer recommended it to me. I'm starting on my weight loss journey. It is easier when you have people to hold you accountable and to work out with. I'm in the DC area. Please let me know if you would be interested in working out and/or having someone to do it with you. :) I know I work out harder when I have someone else there. Thanks!

Replies

• Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am happy to add you as a friend but as I am in Australia, for us to meet up at the gym is a bit of a commute. I will send a request anyway, I post everyday.
  • knottyceltic
    knottyceltic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind having an online weight loss buddy but as with the previous poster, meeting up at the gym is a bit difficult as I live in the middle of CANADA. LOL. Send me a friend request if you like :bigsmile:

I started my weight loss peaking at 289 pounds (5'4" tall) so morbidly obese. I had some scares feeling I was becoming ill because of my weight and swiftly decided to do something about it. After 8 months of trying on my own I finally joined TOPS and have done much better with that accountability of a weekly weigh in. I'm currently 153 and hoping to meet my next mini-goal of 50 pounds lost in the next week or so. I've recently had spine surgery so until I was recovered from that I couldn't exercise at all. Now I'm doing floor exercises and walking daily (I hadn't been able to walk for several years). Group support really is the way to go and if motivation is difficult for you, a group whether in person or online helps a lot.

Barb
  • livefashionforever
    Options
    Having an online buddy is perfectly okay too! All my friends are skinny and in great shape so they can't relate to me at all. Having support is very important, especially when there's so no judgement because the other person understands the struggle. Thanks!
  • JT219
    JT219 Posts: 19
    Options
    My biggest problem is exercise...I'm with you
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Is exercise buddy a euphemism?
  • livefashionforever
    Options
    No, it isn't a euphemism. Just like girls go to the bathroom in pairs, we work out in pairs.