Do these socks make my tush look big?

Options
:wink: Hello MFP peeps! Obviously I'm new...and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Kay and it's wicked awesome to meet anyone who loves life, themselves, is honest, and can laugh at themselves when the chips are down. I am here for support, friendship, and to encourage others (mainly through humor!) to meet and exceed their potential fitness goals. Game on! :happy:

Replies

• fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hey Kay, LOL yes it does... Just kidding! :laugh: Welcome to the community! Haha and when the chips are banned from our diets? :wink:

What are your goals? This an amazing community which has inspired me to log in everyday and keep track of my fitness. Its so much easier to meet goals when there are awesome people out there backing you EVERY SINGLE STEP OF THE WAY!!! Have fun here, and all the best with your goals. :happy:
  • BigAndTallSection
    BigAndTallSection Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't ask the question if you don't want the real answer.
  • lunarwitch
    Options
    Well I have a LOT of weight to lose but I would just really like to be as healthy as I was once. I realize I may never be the size I was in college but I know I can be more comfortable in my own skin and live a healthier lifestyle. Raising my metabolism and portion control are my main focus right now. Thanks for the great reply! Good luck to you as well :smile:
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    After both computer analysis and evaluation by an expert (Sir Mix-a-Lot, Ph. D. is not only a member of the peerage, but an internationally renowned expert in both tushology and tushonomy,) consensus was reached, and it was determined that the apparent size of your tush was unaffected by any of the tested hosiery options*, with a confidence interval of 94%.

*tested hosiery options include: white athletic crew socks, subtly patterned black and grey trouser socks, rainbow (horizontal) striped knee socks, red fish-net thigh-high stockings, and white, lace-ruffled bobby socks. All tights and pantyhose were excluded from testing.
  • lunarwitch
    Options
    BigAndTallSection: Thanks for pointing out my failed attempt at rhetorical humor. :wink:
  • lunarwitch
    Options
    flobeedoodle: FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cyndymar
    cyndymar Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Add me love to motivate and be motivated
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    flobeedoodle: FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you. We will be submitting our findings for publication in the Fall 2013 issue of Bootynomics Review, which is, as I'm sure everyone knows, the most prestigious journal in the disciplines of tushology and tushonomy. I will make sure to post our abstract, as well as our publication status, in future forums posts.

p.s. I thought your topic was funny. Don't apologize. Getting started on lifestyle changes is hard, keeping them up is harder; if we can't laugh about it, I don't want to participate anymore.
  • lunarwitch
    Options
    You are one cool cat, flobeedoodle. Thanks for encouragement (and humor!) Rock on. I will be eagerly awaiting those findings...
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Well I have a LOT of weight to lose but I would just really like to be as healthy as I was once. I realize I may never be the size I was in college but I know I can be more comfortable in my own skin and live a healthier lifestyle. Raising my metabolism and portion control are my main focus right now. Thanks for the great reply! Good luck to you as well :smile:

You can be the size you were in college- and better! After brushing my teeth/washing my face/eating breakfast, the first thing I do is look at 10 before-and-after pictures, and then start my day lol. Works like a charm! I'm like, they could, and so will I!

We'll get there in no time flat! Seriously, it's a lot easier to achieve goals when you know there are other people out there supporting you!