Hello all

Options
Just joined. Decided to get serious about my weight before it becomes too big for me to manage. Currently 230lbs with my goal being 200lbs (although if the change isn't there due to muscle gain, still happy). Have to thank reddit for introducing me to this site.

Replies

• lunarwitch
    Options
    From one newbie to another, welcome! Love the handle, btw. :laugh: Much success!
  • 2rottndgs
    2rottndgs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    HELLO AND WELCOME !

COME JOIN THE PARTY!!!!!! : )
  • Slothronaut
    Slothronaut Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I felt like the handle described me pretty well (maybe not the astronaut half but that's another story for another time :P) so I had to use it.
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this site! This site has been such a great support to me, on top of making me accountable each day. There are lots of caring people here to support you. Good luck and if you want a friend, add me. Have a good night.:smile:

Karen
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. The site is a triple blessing. First and foremost, logging your food and exercise keeps you focused. Secondly, you will get friends who will cheer you on and encourage you. Thirdly, you have access to an incredible amount of knowledge in the forums.

Here are a few pointers:
    - You didn't gain the weight in 6 months, it will take longer than that to lose the weight.
    - Stay with it!!! You have gained enough weight that you are in for a life-long challenge. If you lose 40 pounds, and go back to your old behaviors, you will gain back 50.
    - Learn from others. Others have been where you are, have fought their battles, and learned their lessons the hard way. Use their knowledge.
    - Don't quit!!! Showing up is 95% of the battle. If you stick with it, you will be successful.
    - Learn to love exercise. You need to burn more calories than you take in. It is really that simple.
    - Make a lifestyle change. As I said, you are in for a life-long challenge.
    - If you didn't catch it: DON'T GIVE UP!!!!