Boobs question!

Options
Hi everyone, I've been (seriously) on mfp for about 9 months now, and I've lost almost 25 lbs so far. My boobs have always been on the larger side, and i've gone down from a 34f to a 32dd (in uk sizes). I don't mind losing a few cup sizes, that's natural with weight loss, but what I don't like is how soft/saggy they've become. Don't get me wrong, my nipples aren't reaching for my belly button or anything, but at 25 I thought my skin would be better at springing back.

I have quit smoking to try and help my skin elasticity, but are there any other ways out there to help firm up my boobs? I drink about 2L of water a day so I'm hydrated, and I try to use cocoa butter to moisturise.

Any women out there who've lost a few size but maintained firmness?

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Keep moisturising but that's about all you can do. Lifting heavy weights will help a bit with building up muscle underneath which makes them a little perkier but it won't really fill them out again.
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Swimming laps. I know its a huge commitment, but have you ever seen a swimmer with saggy bits? It's almost summer here and I can't wait for the pools to open!
  • hayleyclare34
    hayleyclare34 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Grab some weights (not heavy ones), ladies should do less weight and more reps, and focus on the pec muscles.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Grab some weights (not heavy ones), ladies should do less weight and more reps, and focus on the pec muscles.

No.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

no :noway:

push ups, bench press any exercise that works the pectoral muscles
    I haven't had enough time to test this, but has to help :)
  • katy_trail
    Options
    great minds think alike :)
    dont be afraid of the weights!
    use what is challenging for you, if you can do the exercise more than 10 times in a row,
    move up.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    :laugh: they will slaughter you for saying that on here!
  • katy_trail
    Options

let the bloodbath begin
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Incline bench. flat bench, and chest flies
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I used to say "wear a bra constantly" from my soapbox because I"m old and i've lost weight twice and had two kids and mine are not totally saggy. but then this man came on here sounding so scientific about some kind of no bra movement, so i don't know. my personal experience is i have been religious about the bras and even sleep in mine, the comfy no wire kinds, and even wore one while nursing and am so selective and don't care the price to get what i want and a good fit. and my boobs are not all sloshy like some people claim theirs are. they are big so they aren't like all standing at attention, but they arent' saggy or hollow either. so maybe the constant bra thing works. i do moisturize them and exfoliate like any other part of my body too. and i used special creams during pregnancy and breastfeeding too. so try all that.

bio-oil was the pregnancy oil that i used that i think u might like target or baby's r us has it. also a product called lovely jubblies from "lush" stores. and for regular times just anything i have on hand. when i put lotion on my legs or arms or any other parts boobs get it too. always.
  • caliwannagirl
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!
    I too have lost about 20Ibs.
    My starting boob cup size was DD 36 (Canadian). Now, after losing some weight they are C 36.
    I got mine to look better by doing push-ups. It was annoying cause they used to runaway from each other lol. I lately have been slacking, so their starting to look like before again- I need to get back into the routine. I was doing about 20 + a night. NO GIRLIE pushups!! I had to build myself up to that though. At the start I could only do 3 =P. And moisturizing is good as well! I use dove beauty bar as soap, and find it does wonders.
  • Try lifting weights! it's made mine so so so much perkier!

Edit : I went from being a DD to a B, and I'm now back at a 18C still being at the same weight, I put it all to having started lifting weights :-)
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

AHHAHAHAHHAHHA - SORRY I LIFT LIKE A MAN!!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

not slaughter. Just explain why.

My TV remote is quite heavy. Is it going to benefit my muscles if I lift it up to turn the TV on and off and change channels? probably not unless i'm recovering from starvation or some other reason for having severely wasted muscles.

Why?

It's not heavy enough.

If the weights are not heavy enough, your muscles will get no benefit from the exercise. That's all there is to it.

Heavy is relative to your current level of strength. There are different arguments for different rep ranges that I'm not going to get into (e.g. 3-5 reps, v 5-8 reps v 8-12 reps, etc) ... however if the last couple of reps are not extremely difficult then the weight is too light.
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    TrainSweatEatSleep Posts: 56 Member
    Options

AHHAHAHAHHAHHA - SORRY I LIFT LIKE A MAN!!!!

:love: :heart: :bigsmile: :smooched: :smokin: :tongue:
  • hayleyclare34
    Options
    It's 3am ... maybe I should've explained myself better. Clearly people lack common sense, obviously it needs to be heavy enough to be effective. I just meant don't try to kill yourself and be able to do something twice and be done. Heaviness is all relative. Geez people, chill.

If you've never lifted before and start on a ridiculous weight you can do more harm than good. You can work your way up to "lifting like a man" lol That was more my point.

No need to get spicy.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Chest presses. about ten years ago I worked up to chest pressing 70 pounds ( 3 sets of 12 using two 35 pound dumbells)about three times a week with other lifting.
    I lost about thirty pounds and it worked like a charm:)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It's 3am ... maybe I should've explained myself better. Clearly people lack common sense, obviously it needs to be heavy enough to be effective. I just meant don't try to kill yourself and be able to ldo something twice and be done. Heaviness is all relative. Geez people, chill.
    ...even still there's no proof that reps produce more effective gains than sub hypertrophy ranges.
  • hayleyclare34
    Options
    It's 3am ... maybe I should've explained myself better. Clearly people lack common sense, obviously it needs to be heavy enough to be effective. I just meant don't try to kill yourself and be able to ldo something twice and be done. Heaviness is all relative. Geez people, chill.
    ...even still there's no proof that reps produce more effective gains than sub hypertrophy ranges.

I edited the last thing I said. Can't go from zero to hero. There's no proof in anything really, it's all what works for each individual.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

I edited the last thing I said. Can't go from zero to hero. There's no proof in anything really, it's all what works for each individual.

I MEAN YOU DID SAY - GIRLS SHOULD DO LIGHT WEIGHTS , didnt you .... I THINK I READ THAT RIGHT ..