No weight fluctuation....

Options
Good morning everyone!

Just wanted to pick your brains as I can't find an answer through google! I had big hopes that this morning's weigh-in would be a cracker! Yesterday (about 4.30pm)after a three-mile run and a session of Shredding I was feeling pretty good about myself, and a bit thinner. So I weighed myself and it said 11.2

Normally there'll be a 3-4lbs difference in my weight from the beginning to the end of my day. But this morning I'm still 11.2, which is a 1lb gain.

I thought weight fluctuation was the norm, and I must admit I'm surprised there's not been a drop - anyone else have this problem, or could explain the "science"?

Thank you xx

Replies

• goldstargeek
    goldstargeek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I cant remember where I mentioned it before but.....I rarely lose weight the day after intense work outs. It usually takes a day off, lots of water and a nights sleep.. I do crossfit mon-thursday each week. I always see my biggest losses fri-sunday when I rest. Try to look at the results over a week instead of just a day so you dont drive yourself crazy :)

"Intense workouts cause variability on the scale due to factors like hydration status, inflammation from muscle damage repair (we call this delayed onset muscle soreness), even the amount of intestinal by-product or urine and blood volume." from http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-strategies/help-why-does-my-workout-cause-weight-gain
  • clareiow
    clareiow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! To be honest I'm tending to go once a week on the weight thing, but yesterday I was just having a "thin" day and needed the scale to ratify it!! Plus I'm off on holiday end of next week so it's the final push so to speak! I'm praying I go into the 10st range by then, had hoped it would be this morning! It would be such a psychological boost!