Question to those who are doing/have done 30DS

Options
I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and did it every night for 6 nights. I am also working on heating healthier (not dieting, changing my lifestyle). Anyway, I did Level 1 for 6 nights, and have decided to take a rest day for today and an active rest day for tomorrow, then do 6 days again (then rest day, and active rest day, then 6 days on and so on and so forth...) Does anyone NOT take rest days? Isn't it better for your body and muscles to take a rest day? I am doing the 30 DS from Youtube, so I don't know what the actual DVD says about rest days. For those of you who have amazing results on inches lost after the full 30 days, how did you incorporate rest? I don't want to fudge up my results. I really need to lose the inches on my thighs!

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I did not take rest days, but I believe you are supposed to. (which I didn't know the first time I did it) I'm in the process of doing it again (day....18 I think) and skipped one day. If I feel like I need a rest day, I'll take one, but up to this point only needed one.
  • LibbyCaramia
    LibbyCaramia Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have heard that Jillian intended for 30DS to be alternated with one day on, one day off. I'm sure if you Google it you'd have some luck verifying that.. But when I did it I took one, occasionally two, rest days a week. Didn't want to burn out and lose motivation. I'd recommend sticking with what you're doing now, sounds about right :)

PS I had some great non-scale results with 30DS and am currently doing Ripped in 30. Jillian's workouts are great!
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    I didn't take breaks but didn't fee like i needed them. Though it was the only exercise i did the whole day.

I am starting the ripped in 30 days but i will be taking 1 break day a week as i am running 5 days a week :)
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I didn't take any rest days but if at any point I thought I needed one I would have taken it everyone different just listen to your body rest if you need to :-) good luck
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I did the 30ds for the month of January. I didn't take any rest days. However Jillian does normally suggest 1 or 2 rest days a week for her workouts. I couldn't bring myself to take a day off but that depends on the person. These are my results:

15yjak7.jpg
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I know there's a big thing about Jillian saying you should do rest days but why at the end of level 2 does she say ill see you tomorrow if that was the case?? :ohwell:

I did it the first time last year ( the very start of my journey) and i did it 30 days straight, i am now doing it again and have just finished level 2 today again no rest days so far. My problem is i did try doing it 5 days with weekends off but i lost motivation and didnt come back to it, hence why i choose to do 30 days straight.

I think you should listen to your body, if you feel you need a rest day take it, or just decide how you want to do it and get on with it.

Im thinking of doing it again when i finish but im getting a treadmill for my birthday so will do every other day along with running, or thats my plan atm anyway!

From what ive seen and noticed most people lose inches off their tums, with only a bit off their legs and arms.
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm up to day 4 of Level 2, and spent 10 days on Level 1. I have one or two rest days each week. My muscles need time to recover!
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    im not planning on taking rest days as im the sort of person that if i have one day off ill find it really hard to get back into the swing of it lol but im sure its fine
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS on 1 April, have done the 10days on level 1 and ready for level 2 tomorrow. My 'rest days' have been spent doing a weight/ cardio programme at the gym. There was a time when I did the 30DS twice in a day - did I pay for it the next day!

I'm due to measure next at the end of the month - but I can feel a difference in my clothes, see more definition in my calves. And I am doing so much more at the gym - lifting bigger weights, upping the levels & resistance on the treadmill and arc trainer.
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I took a rest day yesterday and did nothing. I am thinking today will be an active rest day , then back to the shred on Monday! :-)