Body Fat percent - visuals

Options
I loved this and hope that others will find it valuable when trying to get to their goal.

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg
body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

Replies

• weesinglane
    Options
    Ohhh wow 3-4% fat on that guy is scary looking...
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I agree. Scary. But whatever floats their boat.
    I just was surprised reading another thread, I think sometimes people have a warped idea of what 30% fat looks like and also, say, 10%.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this.I think I would like to be 30% to 22% body fat. I do think the 35%- 40 % girls have great bodies though. It's how fit you are under the fat sometimes. The 10 % guy, eww (just my personal preference) I would be wrapped if my husband had the 25% body. Looks strong still lol
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, and it does help with setting goals. Looks like I want about 17%!
  • law1558
    law1558 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump for reference :)

aiming for 20%
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It's not an entirely fair representation because you can take two twins even with the same body fat, but one could just be lean like a skeleton and one could be jacked and still be at the same %'s
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd like the 15-17 %
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm liking the 25% body fat on the guy.
  • helcart01
    helcart01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thankyou
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    I look like the 35% but my calculated is 28% hmm i thought i'd be less than that.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I look more like 25% but mine was measured 34%..
  • succubaeangel
    Options
    I have 23% of bodyfat and I look worse than the 25% picture. Oh well...
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I've seen it before but I often refer back to it. It's useful to see what the different %s actually look like. I'd find it even more useful if there were more pictures with different body types. I didn't look like Ms 50% when I had her fat % (or higher) because she has a different body type to me. And it would also be useful to have pictures of people with higher fat percentages. (I started at 57% and couldn't find anything that fitted).
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    im 27% and wish i looked like that haha
    better get my exercise on!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Great post, bump to re-read later :)
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    OH that first guy is FOUL! I like Mr 10-12%!! I'd like to be 25% girl - that looks just right to me.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    This is great and looks quite accurate to me. I'm 22% now and would love to be about 17-18%
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough I find the fourth male and the fourth female to be the 'ideal'. But I that could be because rank 2 lower (or is that 2 higher lol.)
  • Fivefeetjo
    Fivefeetjo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I want to reduce my body fat percentage to 15 %!
  • Brads2ndLife
    Options
    Glad to hear positive comments about 25% on men. Was thinking he still looked a bit chubby and I needed to aim for 15. (says the dude currently at 40%)