I farked up

Options
Hi All,

In my desperation to lose weight quickly to improve my tactical chess ability (I've read that being thin helps), I have managed to eat on average less than 2000 calories per day over the last few months. Progress has been good.

On a few of the days I've managed to barely eat at all (less than 500 calories!) by limiting my water consumption and smoking to suppress my appetite. I've also found that a lack of physical exertion will allow me to eat less than average.

However, yesterday I think I may have farked up. To put in chess terms, I promoted my last pawn to horse and got checkmated whilst trying to pin the opponents queen with said horse. Anyway, I sort of lost control yesterday and ate over 5000 calories, including nearly half a kilogram of sugar. I think maybe I didn't smoke enough last week??

whitenboy

Replies

• 1dolphin12
    Options
    don't worry we all mess up at times. Just keep going as you were at the start. don't cut down on the water as your body really need it to keep your insides healthy and keep hunger pain at bay, also if you eat too few calories then your body will shut down and store anything you do eat to fat. the binge you had yesterday will not be that harmful in the grand scheme of things but try not to do it too often. good luck and stay positive
  • simplynaturalfarm
    simplynaturalfarm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Is this for real?
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Dude,

There's no point trying to rush these things. I lost weight too quickly and ended up stopping and having to eat more to kick start my metabolism. That made for 5 weeks without loss and it deffo isn't worth it.

The most successful people on here seems be losing weight gradually and I imagine will find it a lot easier to keep off as they aren't feeling deprived and therefore avoid blowing out.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Is this for real?

I was just wondering that myself lol
  • brentsblog
    brentsblog Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    just come to the realization you suck at chess troll
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Why would being thin make you a better chess player?!

Having the cultivated a deep knowledge from playing many games and seeing the logical consequences of the position of the board from that depth of experience makes people good chess players. I don't think love-handles are really a feature of analysing the layout of the board......
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Optimal health is the precursor to optimal mental and physical performance. Needless to say, it is impossible to achieve optimal health by starving yourself and smoking. Those activities are anti-health. I imagine that the zen of a chess master requires the proper balance of nutrients and a calm focus uncorrupted by the overstimulation of nicotine.
  • dreamypone
    Options
    *looks at your ticker*
    I CHALLENGE YOU TO A POKEMON BATTLE!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    haha that's funny.....now go learn how to play chess like a WINNER and start a new game!!!
  • Andewboy
    Andewboy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dear Whitenboy,

i went to bed hungry after 5400ish calories. i am now on suicide watch.

bless your soul.
  • brentsblog
    Options
    Andrewboy is whitenboy chess partner and lover.
  • brentsblog
    Options
    Jul 15, 1972
  • Andewboy
    Options
    you are only incorrrect about one thing, i am andewboy.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Wrong! You are andewboy and whitenboy.
  • Andewboy
    Options

i wish i was both of us, however i am superior to whitenboy and have no real interest in recording my own diary and his diary.

whitenboy will never be whitenman, whereas i still have some hope.
  • brentsblog
    Options
    You suck at chess and you suck at trolling....boring
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

i wish i was both of us, however i am superior to whitenboy and have no real interest in recording my own diary and his diary.

whitenboy will never be whitenman, whereas i still have some hope.

hope or dope?
  • Andewboy
    Options
    im off to *kitten* over a chess board to satisfy your incessant references to chess dear old brenty. ill send you a pm with the link a little later on.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I didn't know chess was that hard.

checkmate-karen-hull.jpg