Boobs question!

Options
2»

Replies

• hayleyclare34
    hayleyclare34 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's 3am ... maybe I should've explained myself better. Clearly people lack common sense, obviously it needs to be heavy enough to be effective. I just meant don't try to kill yourself and be able to ldo something twice and be done. Heaviness is all relative. Geez people, chill.
    ...even still there's no proof that reps produce more effective gains than sub hypertrophy ranges.

I edited the last thing I said. Can't go from zero to hero. There's no proof in anything really, it's all what works for each individual.

I MEAN YOU DID SAY - GIRLS SHOULD DO LIGHT WEIGHTS , didnt you .... I THINK I READ THAT RIGHT ..

I'm pretty sure I've explained enough times that I meant start out lighter. Also, light/heavy is relative. Again, it's 3am and I've been working for a straight 12hrs. Excuse me if I offended anybody, I did correct myself. Now I'm done with this damn conversation. Please go on about your day :)

P.S. Instead of attacking people, maybe you should help the person who has the question.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Skin not going back to normal is from rapid weight loss, you're going to want to lose weight slowly if you want your skin to adjust
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Skin not going back to normal is from rapid weight loss, you're going to want to lose weight slowly if you want your skin to adjust

but she already must have lost it fastly if she's having this problem. so since she can't go back in time what does she do now?
  • Snow3y
    Options
    It's 3am ... maybe I should've explained myself better. Clearly people lack common sense, obviously it needs to be heavy enough to be effective. I just meant don't try to kill yourself and be able to ldo something twice and be done. Heaviness is all relative. Geez people, chill.
    ...even still there's no proof that reps produce more effective gains than sub hypertrophy ranges.

This is how it works... By performing heavy weight training, low rep range, the muscle cells will increase in number.. Hypertrophy training (light weight, higher reps) will not increase the amount of cells, but rather increase the size of existing cells.
  • Snow3y
    Options

but she already must have lost it fastly if she's having this problem. so since she can't go back in time what does she do now?

There's very little you really can do once it's happened already.. You could try a few home remedies which cause skin to tighten such as using butternut, egg mix or avocado.. If the problem really causes esteem issues, then surgery will be the best option (if it's severe - I don't believe in going under the knife)

Possibly gaining muscle mass too might benefit in 'filling out' the skin.
  • hayleyclare34
    hayleyclare34 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

This is how it works... By performing heavy weight training, low rep range, the muscle cells will increase in number.. Hypertrophy training (light weight, higher reps) will not increase the amount of cells, but rather increase the size of existing cells.

Muscles are very much apart of what I do for a living so I know how they work. It's why I don't argue with people because they always know better. By no means do I have all the answers either though.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Almond oil and wheat germ oil (cold pressed versions are the best) are good for toning skin, especially boobs tissue. I like best almond oil because I don't like the wheat germ oil smell (it's just... that cereal farm smell, it's not bad, but it's not my style, even if the smell dissapears quickly).

I also recommend arm weight training. Ok, some girls may not enjoy heavy lift training (I know I don't, and I hate push-ups also - the exercise, not the bra :laugh: )... but arm weight training with small weights (1 lbs, 1.5 lbs, 2 lbs) can make your arms and boobs look less saggy as you lose. Personally I felt even small arm workouts like this helped (if done regulary): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WwK9lWwxnw and I also love some workouts from the Biggest Loser DVDs that incorporate dumbbells.

It's just what I know it worked for me, as I struggle here like others with the `side effects` of losing weight.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Building pecs lifts breast tissue. I really don't want to explain in detail here but I went from breast feeding two children , double D's , losing thirty pounds. And after being able to pass the "pencil test". Lifting made a difference.
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, Maybe you can try lifting weights to firm the chest muscles and try wearing a firm supporting bra.
    :ohwell:
  • toimisaki
    toimisaki Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations! 6 years ago I lost 50 lbs over the course of a year, in a great, healthy way, lots of exercise. I felt terrific except my boobs looked like deflated balloons. Stomach too. Luckily I didn't have stretch marks. I lifted weights, wore comfy bras, and kept the weight off for quite a few years. After another year or so the skin did tighten up gradually, (and I was well over 40!). Especially at your young age, if you can stabilize yourself at a good weight your body will adjust. It takes time. Use good lotions, keep the skin supple.
    Over the past 3 years I put some of the weight back on but am now kicking my heels in again.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations! 6 years ago I lost 50 lbs over the course of a year, in a great, healthy way, lots of exercise. I felt terrific except my boobs looked like deflated balloons. Stomach too. Luckily I didn't have stretch marks. I lifted weights, wore comfy bras, and kept the weight off for quite a few years. After another year or so the skin did tighten up gradually, (and I was well over 40!). Especially at your young age, if you can stabilize yourself at a good weight your body will adjust. It takes time. Use good lotions, keep the skin supple.
    Over the past 3 years I put some of the weight back on but am now kicking my heels in again.

i don't get boobs. i lost 51 lbs in 6 months and mine were fine.

BTW the earlier thread about almond oil. love that too. get mine at l'occitane. smells yum, feels great.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Press ups work for mine! (I use pressup bars)
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips guys! Looks like I'll be getting those weights out!
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My boobs have always been big, at my biggest I was a 42E but now at 33 years old and 34 lbs lighter (and still going) I am down to a rather deflated 36E, they just sort hang there like sad deflated puppies.

I am going to get to a weight I am comfortable at, maybe another 2 stone, and then reassess and if I have to go under the knife to 'finish' the product and get rid of saggy bits etc then I will. I refuse to work so hard to lose weight just to be disgusted with whats left!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Almond oil and wheat germ oil (cold pressed versions are the best) are good for toning skin, especially boobs tissue. I like best almond oil because I don't like the wheat germ oil smell (it's just... that cereal farm smell, it's not bad, but it's not my style, even if the smell dissapears quickly).

I also recommend arm weight training. Ok, some girls may not enjoy heavy lift training (I know I don't, and I hate push-ups also - the exercise, not the bra :laugh: )... but arm weight training with small weights (1 lbs, 1.5 lbs, 2 lbs) can make your arms and boobs look less saggy as you lose. Personally I felt even small arm workouts like this helped (if done regulary): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WwK9lWwxnw and I also love some workouts from the Biggest Loser DVDs that incorporate dumbbells.

It's just what I know it worked for me, as I struggle here like others with the `side effects` of losing weight.

for a long time, I really didn't like doing any upper body weight training. I did it once in awhile, to work on my arm muscles.
    even more rarely, I'd do some girl push ups. Until recently, I really don't remember working my pectoral muscles enough
    to feel it either while I'm doing the exercise, or be sore after. However, now I love doing upper body too. I will probably never be obsessed about it like my lower body training, but if you learn to work the muscle properly, it can be an enjoyable sensation.
    it's very weird, but I say, there can not be too much pectoral stimulation lol.

Of course, anytime you're doing strength training, make sure you push your self during the workout, but rest days are really important. You build and repair the muscles during the rest period, not during the workout. If we could repair during the workout, we'd all be self healing superwomen :)