Need new friends! Daily MFP users please!

Options
Hi!

I've been on this site for a long time. A couple years ago I had very supportive friends and lost 50 lb!

Well, I'm back at it again but it seems like no one is motivational anymore.

If you're a daily user, a runner, on a GF diet, a hippie, a weirdo, a pagan, a medievalist, or anything like that will you add me?

Here's a random list of things I love:

Lucy, my girlfriends, education, friends, dirt, belly dancing, hiking, yoga, German beer, thrift stores, goodwill, working out, walking, vintage, natural food, OU football, cheese, sweet peas, Asatru, winter, candles, culture, history, boots, music, art, re-enactment shows, museums, theater, writing, Northern European anything, messy hair, holistic living, daughter's jokes, organic everything, home-made & hand-made everything, discussions, lemon balm, nature parks, martial arts, politics, foreign films, reading, cooking, drunken laughter, independance, imperfections, heathen men, post-its, galdr, rainy days, vitamins, art-walks, soda pop, natural products, noble virtues, hosting shin digs, tiny bars, underground cafes, gardens, big lips, daydreaming, internet, crystals, push-up bras, shopping, philosophy lectures, protests, bear hugs, pale skin, love at first sight, etyomology, collar bones, swim suits, smells, book stores, cats, american apparel, stong noses, meditation, books, American Spirit organic cigerattes, documentaries, snow, photography, self improvement, change, swimming, natural healing, mountains, music in the park, dating, booze, good company, essential oil, travel, stars, meditating by the water, making new friends, parenting, recycling, love, peace

...UPDATE... I actually quit smoking and quit drinking soda pop.

Replies

• sifjada
    sifjada Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! :) I'm hoping that I'll become a daily user. I live in Iceland, so that knocks out your Northern European interest :-D

Edit: might add that I also loovee vintage :)
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can feel free to add me for mutual support and friendship. I am a massage therapist in the U.S. and have been daily here for 200-something days! I absolutely love MFP and my friends here, they make all the difference for me. Despite my boring user name (which I did so when I suggested MFP to clients- which I often do when they ask me how I've lost so much weight), I love fun people and crafty things :flowerforyou:
  • janiecrake
    janiecrake Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We have so much in common! Add me, here everyday and need the support :)
  • heatherlee33
    heatherlee33 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I got you covered on the strong noses, culture, mountains, hiking, boots, walking, education, and yoga. And, I would like to add, that was a very impressive list. If I add sexy-strappy-sandals and I think we could be bff's for life! I log on everyday, but just started doing that again. I lost 26 pounds on here and then started working...a lot. So I put 3 pounds back on and I know it sounds stupid but I freaked. I know me. I know that if I don't freak out about 3 pounds, 3 will be 5, and then 5 will be 10 and then suddenly I'm back up to 160 and crying into my pillow cuz I feel so bad about myself.
    So here is a promise, I will login everyday, and I will always be honest and I will always be supportive. I would like to promise funny but peoples amusement of me waxes and wanes.
    Side note. I have a life sized cardboard cutout of Thor next to my desk at work. Yeah! That's right. Screw professional.
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have only been on the site a month and change. I log in daily to keep track of stuff. This site has been really helpful to me.

There are a couple of really cool groups (not the only ones, I am sure) but these two caught my attention. One is Too Inspired to be Tired, the other is the Sopranos. Both are very motivational and have challenges going on at the moment. Too Inspired has been around several months. It's main goals are walking/running 150 miles a month ( I know, I am working up to it) and for bike riding it's 250 miles a month. The Sopranos, you might have to wait to be added to a team but you can do the challenges anyway. And they are wide ranging.
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    Friend request sent. I enjoy receiving encouragement and motivation, but I also enjoy giving encouragement and motivation.
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am on here pretty much every day, feel free to add me :) I love running, cycling, yoga but also cooking...
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi, new friends would be good, mine are dropping like fly's...

I've lost 41lbs since Jan12, 7lbs went back on during recent holidays but I've lost 4lbs this week due to eating normally.
    Fitbit is also my friend and I don't know what I'd do without it, well worth the expense.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You got me at meditating by the water.... And the giving up pop and cigarettes. Shows how motivated you are:flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me if you you are not already overwhelmed. I am here everyday, sometimes too much :laugh: and will be honest but not brutal if you ask for feedback. Best of luck on your re entry !

Oh yeah, fit bit user also, and happy to have friends on that site too
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm on here everyday and meet some of your criteria (!! Handmade, I make jewellery, essentil oils, I have a diploma in aromatherapy, Walking , I walk most everywhere as I don't drive,candles, had a go at making those too (and soap) but live in England. feel free to add me if you like I'm usually lurking around and able to offer support if needed.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    wow!! I pretty much love all of those things except OU football..IRISH for life. anyone please feel free to add a psychotic photographer history football addicted runner as a friend :-)

725 day logging streak. it's been a heck of a journey so far.
  • kapot
    kapot Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm on everyday, several times a day. Anyone as committed is welcome to add me.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You can add me but I have a disclaimer for people that get offended very easy...
  • dayr1993
    dayr1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Im an everyday users and iv recently quit smoking too :D
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I made 100 days in a row today, and I too recently came back to MFP. I quit smoking 12 years ago and still miss it at times. I quit soda last year b/c it was giving me chronic head aches.

I try to respond to my friends in someway at least once a day. It bothers me if they never say anything about anything.

I teach and have little time to post much, and I avoid whining or excuses.

I love comics and cartoons, superheroes, pirates, ninjas, books meant for kids, walking dogs, Joss Whedon, mythology of all kinds, people who write, coming up with scathingly brilliant ideas, folktales, storytellers, handmade quilts and most everything else handcrafted, my kids laughter.