Calling 5'2" girls

Options
I've just upped my calories to 1300 as I've been yo-yoing between 131/130 for the past 3 weeks. I'm just curious how much other people who are the same height as me eat and what their activity level is set to, how much weight they lose a week and how much exercise they do... :flowerforyou:

ETA: Please no 1200 wank !

Replies

• suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • heathermnrd
    Options
    mines set at 1200 for sedentary because i work 10 hrs shifts at a desk job but i tend to eat back atleast some of my exercise calories...i generally try to stay between 1200 and 1300. ive lost 2 lbs so far in 2 weeks so not amazing but i dont have a lot to lose so i dont really expect it to come off quickly.

im currently doing turbofire so about an hr of exercise a day ive estimated (from research online) the calories for the beginner classes (which im still on) at about 300 ish a day....i just ordered an hrm to make that more exact lol.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is great!
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    1800 is my tdee - 10%
    Moderately Active
    Depending on how long you have been cutting calories you might want to eat at maintenance for a month or so, getting past 128 was the hardest for me. I was stuck there for 8 months. (But I had also shot my metabolism from eating 800 - 1200 cal a day and exercising my butt off, not eating exercise cals)
    Lose ~1 a week (CW: 120 ---> 114

I have High School, plus walking/running my dogs before / after school. Sometimes I will do 30 Day Shred, some other Jillian workout or P90X but I don't have a schedule or anything.
  • shellbellv12
    shellbellv12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me what bump means?!:huh:

I'm a 5"2 girl and in the obese BMI category :sad:

I'd love some friends to help me on my 3 month plan to show off in a bikini by July, anyone trying a similar thing?!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'3 on a good day so I totally count, right?

I am maintainin now (not counting the few pounds I yo yo up and down). I am 130. To loose I go down to 1400 and eat back every single calorie I burn. I am a runner and am usually training for a half marathon so I eat ALOT!!!! To maintain I bump my base up to 1700. I still lose when I am running alot when I have a base of 1700.

I think macros are just as important as the calories. I stick to 40% carbs, 30% fat/protein. Again, I am a runner so I need my carbs.

I have a medium to large frame and don't want to get below 125 because I look skeletal. Actually I get that I look too skinny at this point because I have a quite a bit of muscle. I am around 20% BF.

Hope that helps!
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and doing 1595 calories, sedentary. I don't eat back my exercise calories.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    5ft 2, 150lbs, 1758 cals a day and doing Insanity (I don't add exercise cals at this level, they're already included).
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Well the way I am losing weight is extremely restrictive, I know this is unhealthy please don't tell me =/

Well I eat no more than 500 calories a day.
    I've lost 46 pounds in 88 days.
    I do not work out.

I'm 5'2.5 Started at 181 currently 134.8

No matter how you chose to lose weight, healthy or unhealthy, Good Luck <3

You're 15 according to your profile, you are doing yourself untold damage, please seek help.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hello! I eat 1200-1500 it works for me...
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Well the way I am losing weight is extremely restrictive, I know this is unhealthy please don't tell me =/

Well I eat no more than 500 calories a day.
    I've lost 46 pounds in 88 days.
    I do not work out.

I'm 5'2.5 Started at 181 currently 134.8

No matter how you chose to lose weight, healthy or unhealthy, Good Luck <3

Well, you admit you know it's unhealthy, but do you know you will gain the weight back when you eat 'normal' again? Right? Also, you are lacking proper nutrition, so be prepared for your hair to start falling out.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft. Was eating 1305 and lost 22lb last year.
    Now using fitbit & the 5:2 diet. So 500kcal on the fast days and 1300-1700 on none fast days. x
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1". I am set at 1230 cals a day. (set by MFP) I usually burn 200-500 cals per day from workouts and I always eat them back. Losing weight but very slowly. Right now my issue is not knowing what a good goal is for me. I'm not sure what I should be aiming for goal wise...I have it set to 118 lbs as a goal now but I'm not sure...
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5", I net between 1500-1600, and typically gross between 1800-2300, depending on the day. Haven't been seeing many changes on the scale lately, but my measurements have been changing and I generally feel leaner and stronger.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and weigh 140 lbs right now. My caloric goal is set at 1750 and I almost always eat that amount plus some of my exercise calories. I am doing turbofire so on cardio days it is usually about an hour of exercise and I burn roughly 400 cals per workout. (probably more but I don't have a HRM). I have been eating about this amount from the beginning and am losing an average of 1.5lbs/week with this. I would suggest upping your calories even more if you are stalling...sometimes that is the only way to break a plateau.

Any of you ladies feel free to add me. I log daily and would love more support and support you as well!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    5'1" 1850 cals/day for a slow cut (currently maintaining and not tracking and probably eating between 1900-2000 cals/day). I went from obese to a healthy body fat percentage on 1500 cals/day

short =/= can't eat much

aiming to be strong right now :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    5'2 and eat 2000-2200 for maintenance and lose at around 1800. I'm active though, I lift and run.
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    28yrs
    5ft 2

Jan 133lbs
    April 120lbs

Currently eating 1670 calories. I work out at the gym 3x a week doing a bit of cardio and super-sets with the barbell and TRX

I am losing about 1lb per week, but I will be upping my calories soon as I don't want to lose too much more weight.

Upping my calories has definitely helped!